30

*Jamar's pov*

I flipped to the next page in a book called 'body language' it blows my mind that you can really sense how a person feels or what they're thinking just by how they're body looks.

I know I'm supposed to be working at my new job at the library but who would've thought books would hold so much information. At first this library job sounded like some bullshit but I figured who the fuck comes in a library. It's drama free and quiet. This place will give me time to clear my mind.

Then one day, I saw a book call 'To Kill a Mocking Bird' it was such a stupid ass title, I had to read the first chapter, then next thing I knew I finished the book. It was a really fucked up but it made me want to read another one.
So now I'm on my 5th book, 'body language'.

"Excuse me." I turned and saw a y'all white guy with some glasses. "Do you know where I can find the human anatomy books?"

"Anatomy?"

"Body. Human body."

"Oh, It might be over here but I'm not sure, I haven't been working here that long." He followed me to the 'nonfiction' section. "Should be over here."

"Thank you." I mumbled 'no problem' and left him. "Oh and maybe you should read it because you heal really fast."

"What?"

"Remember you were in the infirmary for that brow?" He turns and continues to look for the book."

"Wha-" Jamil. "Yeah I remember. I'll make sure to read it. Thank you.."

"Sam."

"Jamar." We shook hands and I walked away. What the fuck was Jamil doing the infirmary? How'd he get hurt? Something don't feel right. That sneaky fuck.

"Can I put this book in my cell?" I ask a guard It was a book I was interested in but haven't even opened it yet. I walk to my block and into my cell I put the book under my mattress then took the long way to walk past Z's cell.

"Z." He turns his head. "Bring yo ass to the library right now." I walk back down to the library with Zion behind me but couple feet away. I walked into the biography section. "You know him?" I pointed to Sam who was walking out the room.

"Yeah the new nurse at the infirmary." Jealousy rose within me.

"He came in here as for a human body book then said I should read it cause I heal so fast. What the fuck does that mean?"

"Shit." He whispers and covers his whole face.

"Shit. Shit what?" I wait for an explanation but he wasn't talking "SHIT WHAT?" I screamed in a whisper.

"Jamil was in the Infirmary."

"Why?"

"I don't know?"

"Well what happened? Where was the injury?"

"I don't remember. His arm." Im tryna control my anger but it's hard when this nigga supposed to have my back but he's lying to me.

"Why you tryna play me Zion? Why the FUCK was Jamil in the infirmary."

"When I got there he was talking to Lewis."

"About what?" He stayed silent again. "ABOUT WHAT Z?"

"I don't know. He told me it was nothing. You know I tried to get it out of him he didn't tell me shit but what ever it was, Lewis was pissed, shocked and confused."

Fucking Jamil.

"Why you ain't tell me?"

"Cause I know you and I know you're going to find a way to find out what Jamil said but I  don't know if your way will put more time on your sentence." He was right. I was thinking about killing Jamil but that was old me. New me just wants to know what he said and I need to know now.

"When you go to work later.." I sigh. "Ask Lewis for his phone number. If he doesn't give it to you, give him your cell phone number."

"But what about..."

"I know what I said but I need to know Zion." I can't lose Lewis or my stupid brother. Z and I sigh in unison