8

Jamar's pov

"Who would you work under?"

"The Doctor."

"Which one? Doctor Lewis or Doctor Connor?"

Oh shit. I never got his name. Maybe if I describe...
"The blac-African American one."

"Doctor Lewis or Doctor Connor?"

"The one who checked on my cells the other day. The on-" I realize how irresponsible I'm looking. "Dr. Connor." He writes down the name and guards escort me out of the room.

The only thing that was on my mind what which doctor was which. If I get that perverted doctor, imma be mad af. You know what? It doesn't even matter. I just gonna see my boy and make sure he straight. 

I was listening how the niggas in here hitting on him and that nasty as fuck cause he a man. I don't care if I'm in here for years, I could never.

I walked back to my cell.

"Aye so Dust said it's about to go down in March.."

"He always says that shit to scare J's block."

"Exactly so this time when we actually do it, they'll think we bullshittin."

"Ahh." These 2 guys walk past.

J? I completely forgot my brother is in prison. My brother that I have seen in years was here the whole time. I remember my mom explaining to us that he went to the military. Yeah she was high af but I thought she was serious.

Does she know? Who cares about her? What the fuck did he do? Why wouldn't he call us? Us. Joaquin. How could I be so stupid to let my brother be on his own like this? Now all three of us are separated and can't do shit to help ourselves.

How could he do that to us? How could I do that to my brother? I unclench my hand and heard my bones crack. I look at the brick wall and of Course no damage was done to the wall but my hands were messed up from punching it. Something I didn't even realize I was doing.

That's when I did something I usually don't do; got on my top bunk, and prayed.

"Aye look it's me god. Uh I hope you listen. I know I've done wrong but Joaquin has done nothing. Please lord just make him be okay. I also want to send a message to Theo. Thanks for being my nigga. Always having my back. Wish I could've had yours but I have to be a brother first. I know it's selfish but I'm sorry. I'm sorry you lost your life over something so stupid. Love you bro." I whisper to myself.