27

*Jamil's pov*

"So how much do we have for the rest of this month?"

"Like 20"

"What the fuck you mean 20?" 20 pills. 20 PILLS?!? I slapped him across his face.

"Our product is low."

"No shit. Why haven't you been getting more?"

"What do you mean?"

"What don't you understand?"

"Connor was fired 2 weeks ago." I put my head in my hands. Is he deadass?

"And how much is coming from the pigs."

"Wright's been on every employees ass since then so not a lot. Like 10."

"Why you think he got fired?" I ask.

"Sexual harassment. He kept feeling up on that other doctor."

"That nigga a faggot. He likes that shit. So?" I look across the yard and Dusty sits there smiling at me. It was him. The faggot doctor must be with Dusty and got my doctor fired to fuck up my money. This ain't a fight anymore. This shit is war. "This what we gonna do. Break this bitches up and sell them like that." Shit! This shit affecting my money now. This is the only way I get paid. "As soon as this Oxy runs out, it's over. He's done. Spread the word." They did just that. "

"Ayo what's goin on with the oxy. We snorting it now?" My loyal costumer came to me. I don't know his name but that motherfucker will do anything to get high. He was gone for a while for making some heroin in his cell. One crazy ass nigga.

"Yeah you get higher that way." He's already high as a kite but money is money.

"This is some bullshit." He walks away upset. "Fuck Jamar and his bitch, Lewis" he mumbles and walks away. What he mean by that?

"Aye. Fuck you mean by that?" I followed him.

"Jamil phone calls" damn it. What did he mean. What Jamar do? I knew Jamar was working with Dusty. My mind raced as I picked up the phone.
"Hello?"

"Jamil" My beautiful Eva

"Hey babygirl."

Hey babe. Guess who came over the other day?"

"Who?"

"Joaquin." I forget that my brothers are starting to come back into my life now. It's pretty sad.

"How'd it go?"

"Brandy loves him. We love him. He's so sweet and smart. Brandy likes hearing the stories of when you guys were kids."

"I bet she does. Is he okay?"

"Yeah. He looks great."

"Good. Great. How are you guys?"

"Can't complain. How about you?"

"The guy who bring our Oxy was fired so now we running low and I know Dusty ass got something to do with it."

"I'm over this shit."

"What you mean?"

"Imma be a single mother the rest of my life. You have no plans on changing. I'm done with this shit."

"Nah wait wait. What are you talking about?"

"You don't want to get out of prison do you?"

"Yes I do. I want to see you guys again. I want shit to be like how it was."

"Then prove it and stop bullshitting 'Mil."

"I'm going to but I can't just give this shit to dusty."

"I see who comes first. Bye Jamil." She hangs up the phone. What the fuck? I didn't even get to talk to Brandy. I want to change but I can't let that man get any type of win. Make him think I'm weak? Nahh.

I look around at these brick walls. I'm not trying to be here for the rest of my life though. I want my family back. I really do.