15

Jamar's pov

Zion came back today and we just been chilling.

"Dusty wants you." This scrawny guy comes in my cell.

"Are you dusty?" He shakes his head no. "Then tell dusty to come see me." I ain't no bodies bitch. The scrawny guy hesitantly nods and delivers the message.

"Ayo you bold."

"Nahh I'm just me. Ain't nobody finna run me around. I'm just tryna get the fuck outta here. I gotta take care of my brother and shit."

"Deadass?"

"He's 13. Smart but not street smart. He's staying with our crack head moms and I need to find him somewhere to stay."

"This might be a reach."

"I'll take anything."

"Ask Lewis."

"For what?"

"For him to stay with Lewis nigga."

"Why would be do that for me?"

"You're fucking stupid and blind."

"Can you stop talking in circles nigga?SPEAK."

"Lewis is feeling you." I felt the expression on my face switch to disgust. "Listen I didn't say you have to sleep with him but at least ask."

"Yo." A voice boomed from the cell door getting Our attention.

"Hello."

"So I appreciate what you did the other day stopping J's goon for me."

"I didn't do it for you." The crowd laughs. "Man I just be by myself. Just leave me alone and let me do my time."

"You did it for me. As much as we been protecting you."

"Who asked you to do that?"

"You ungrateful" he stopped himself. "Say no more. You're by yourself now." That's what I've wanted since day 1. I nodded and him and his goons left my cell.

"Ayo you bold as hell."

"Shut up. It's your turn." I'm not giving anymore attention to this bullshit.