9

Jamar's pov

"Raymond, Jamar. Time to go." Everyone's about to go to sleep and they calling us out.

I stepped out and so this skinny small boy. He arched his back and stood with his hand on his hip.

"Yess mr. Officer." He bit his lip and smiled. I mentally scoff at how gay this nigga was.

"Follow me please." He walked and I followed him tryna keep my distance from Raymond.

"You know what this is for." Raymond turns and talks to me. I ignore his presence and he sucks his teeth. "Nasty ass attitude." It's so quiet around this time. Usually people are banging on the windows and shit. OC

We walk past places that look familiar until we reach the infirmary. The three of us walk in and both the nurses come over to us.

"Raymond and Jamar. This is doctor Connor" he points to the tall nurse. "and doctor Lewis." He points to the black nurse. "You guys both signed up to work in the infirmary. So understand you were given this job because we felt you can handle the responsibilities. Your shift starts at 6pm and ends at 12 am." He explains everything else we need to know and leaves us.

"Which one is Jamar?" The tall nurse says. No no no no. I can feel all eyes drop on me. I put two fingers in the air. "I'm doctor Connor. Nice.." his voice trails on while I watch Lewis and Raymond.

"So you're Raymond."

"Yes but you can call me Ray Ray." They walk away but Lewis looks back at me. I quickly turn back around.

"So basically we take care of A and B block." One of the blocks Jamil is in.
He pulled back the curtains and there was some guys patched up, Some throwing up, and some just turning different colors.

"So these fellas here were the one who got caught up in the fight like a month ago. They get released tommorow. He points to the 6 that have bloody bandages.

Not gonna lie, this was very interesting. It was nasty if you had a weak stomach but I ain't weak so I don't mind.

As Connor kept talking I kept taking glances over at Lewis' side. Hoping to see Zion. Lewis and Raymond stepped to the side showing the bed they stood in front of. It was Zion. I felt my body at ease.

He was asleep. Before I could turn back around, I caught a glimpse of Raymond tryna "fix" a pen in Lewis lab coat. Ugh faggots. Lewis turns to me and I turn back around and finish listening to what Connor was saying.

12:00 came faster than usual and we came back together.
"How was your first day?" Lewis smiles at me. I nodded signaling it was good. Raymond and Connor had left us. I was gonna follow Raymond.

"Would you-" Lewis grabs my arm? I snatch it away."im sorry. Would you like to see Your friend?" I slowly nod and follow his lead. "Zion is fine but he still lost a lot of blood that is gonna need some time to come back. So right now he's resting and getting better." He smiles at Zion.

That didn't sit right with me. The memory of him grabbing me came back.
"Thank you." I turned to walk away but before I walked away I turned and told "please don't touch me again. Not everyone is okay with being touched like you are." I turned and walked away from him."