29

*Lewis' pov*

"Good afternoon." I walked in and seen the new nurse that is replacing Connor, "Sam."

"Lewis." He smiles and pushes up his glasses. "How are you?"

"Getting there."

"I know what you mean." I don't think you do Mr. Sam. Is the possible love of your life an inmate at the prison you work at? Are you taking care of their little brother? Did you recently have them separated from you because your relationship is illegal? No I think the fuck not Sam! "Everyone has those days." I force a smile on my face and nod.

"Hey doc." We both turn and see Jamil standing there smiling with blood on his eyebrow. I swallowed hard. Jamil scares me and the fear worsens knowing that he's Jamar and Joaquin's brother."

"Hey Lewis I got a lot of patients. I'll owe you one." He looked at me with pleading eyes. I hesitantly nod.

"Follow me Jamil." He followed me over to a patient table. I got the tools to clean and stitch up his wound.

"How long you been working here Lew?" I gulp

"Couple years."

"You've always worked with Connor? Man I miss that nigga." I nod and went to clean his brow. "It's a shame y'all got him fired." Fear turned into anger but I remember this is just a job. "You and Jamar. A power couple huh?" How does he know? I gently dab the wound so it won't hurt, even though I wanted it to. He starts to hiss in pain. " you don't think I know about that huh? Or about the fact that you taking care of Joaquin?" He continues to hiss.

"I don't know what you talking about?"

"Of course not. But anyway I'd like to say thank you on behalf of Jamar and I, for taking him in. Who would've thought all Jamar would have to do is pretend to love you just for his brother to be safe?"

"What?"

"Yeah. It was almost too easy, he told me. Jamar ain't gay. That boy loves him some pussy. Always have." he chuckles. "Well anyway, we appreciate it. But just to protect your feelings." I finished wiping all the blood from his head but I don't see a wound. He stood up but bent down to whisper on my level "Stay the FUCK away from Jamar."

"Wassup?" Zion walks over. I'm sure he sees the pure shock on my face. I don't know how to feel or what to say. "There a problem?"

"Oh nah young blood." Jamil pats Zion and turns to me " thanks again doc." He smiles and winks at me. Security escorts him out.

I'm frozen in my seat. Jamar never loved me, he just used me. My feelings for him were real but I guess it wasn't mutual. I felt my mouth still ajar. His words raced and replayed in my mind. Fuck Jamar. I love Joaquin, I'm not gonna let him suffer just because of his idiot brothers. He deserves love, stability and a positive role model.

"Lewis." Zion voice shook me out of my thoughts. "What did he say to you?" I look up at him and wiped my tears. I stood up and fixed myself.

"Nothing." I began walking away but he grabbed me back.

"I don't believe that shit."

"HE SAID NOTH-" the room jumped and Sam turned to Zion and I. "He said nothing" I Exhale.

"So how come he didn't have a bandage?" I stopped and thought.

Where did all that blood come from?