9 Years Later-Joaquin

I pulled into the driveway of Jamar and Lewis' house and took a deep breath. They haven't seen me since Last Thanksgiving. The excitement I have for having everybody together. Family has always been important to me so I love seeing my brothers and my nieces and nephews. They feel like siblings to me but they call me uncle, even though I don't want them to.

"So you gonna just sit and stare all day. Come in here." Lewis came outside with my nephew, Junior, at his hip. I was shocked by how much he grew.

"Ahh wassup lil man." Juni was 8 but stuck to Lewis at the hip. They adopted Juni as a newborn baby after being together for a year. We think was abandoned right after being born. He's named after Jamar.

Junie saw me and ran up to me.

"Look at you boy. You better stop growing."

"Or else what? Huh punk?" I pushed his head and hugged Lewis. I flipped June over my shoulder and he laughed. I started making my way to De'andre's room.

I knocked on the door and opened it after.
"You better stop talking to them girls before they get you in trouble." I said to my 13 year old nephew. When he was 4, he was adopted a year after June was adopted.

"What up quin?" He smile and dapped me up.

"Thats all he do." June said over my shoulder

"He Dont know what he talking bout." D said following us out the room.

"Im not stupid D." I put June down. "You talking to Brenda, Q, Sami.." as D tried to shush him. He ran and D chased after him.

"Yall better stop all that- Joaquin, when you get here?"

"You ain't seen him in a year and thats how you greet him?"

"Right. Im a guest and you talking to me so recklessly."

"Uh uh. I ain't say all that." Lew waved his hand at me. "When Jamil coming?"

"You come up in MY-"

"Our." Lew says basting the turkey. These two; You'd think they've been married for years but its only been 5. It was beautiful. I was the best man along with Jamil, Zion, and De'andre while Lewis had Brandy, Eva, and Leah on his side. Then 4 are best friends. Even though, Leah, Zion's wife, is more on the quiet side, all they do is talk about ppl from tv shows. Their conversations give me a headache after a while

"-House talking bout Jamil. You are something else." he chuckles

"Stop yo old man groaning. Where he at?"

"Im okay too nigga" I stare at him. "Bills paid off. Kids doing well." I continued to wait. "My left knee stop hurting. The giants.. he's round the corner." I smile

"See now was that so hard?" I pat his back.

"Dont touch me. Nasty ass." I laugh. He walks over to Lew in the kitchen. "You need anything?" He says in a sweet tone as he hugs Lew from behind. The switch up is crazy. I knew Lew was smiling

"No." He responds to Jamar.

"Imma just be finishing up working on the car." He kisses Lew. You'd think since they do this often, it gets old but Lew blushes like a little school girl everytime.

"Get a room." I roll my eyes.

"Uncle Qiun?" the door flies open scaring me. Brandy runs and hugs me like she does every time.

"Brandy! Wassup kid."

"When you gonna stop calling me kid. Im 17"

"When you stop jumping on my like your a kid. Almost threw my back out girl."