3

Jamar's pov

I woke up on this little sock they call a mattress. I didn't get much sleep last night. I don't trust anyone in here just to close my eyes like that. I sat up and swung my feet off the edge of the bunk. I rest my head in my hands.

What is Joaquin doing right now? How is he gonna survive without me? Does he even know? Why didn't I think of this shit before I did it. I don't regret doing it. We needed the money.

I felt my cell mate smack my feet.
"Yo move that shit outta face nigga."

"Nigga what?" I hop down off the bed.

"You heard me." He hopped up on his feet.

"Say something else." I pressed my chest against his. He starts laughing.

"You should watch your mouth." He laughs harder. "But you gonna get what's coming to you J, watch." He lays back down and puts his hands behind his head.

Fuck does that mean. And how this nigga know my name. I don't talk to no body here. Shit I just got here a few days ago. I walk over to the toilet and take a piss. I heard a mumble come from the other side of the cell.

"What you say?"

"I said watch your back lil man. I punch the spit outcha throat."

"Come do it then bitch ass nigga." I cleaned my self up and made my way over to him.

"Nah. You ain't worth it." I get closer and stood over him.

"Keep talking shit. I piss in yo mouth." He shot up and push me. I rocked him in his shit. He stood up and we started fighting. Buzzing and sirens went off but that didn't stop me. I took a few hits to the face but I don't care.

I was being dragged away. I felt blood fill up in my mouth and I spat it on him.

"We on yo head J." He laughs. The guards cuff me and everyone is watching from their cells.

"It is too early in the morning for this shit." The female guard says.

"It's never to early for this shit baby." I was high off of adrenaline. I could anything right now. I could whoop her ass right now and escape, honestly. But I'm not.

She took me into the infirmary. I sat on the edge of the bed still unable to keep still.
"I got him." This small frame boy. He made my adrenaline rush even more.

"What happened here?" He got very close to my face examining my lip and eyebrow. I backed away. Ain't no man ever got that close to me. "So you gonna let me fix you up or?" I stayed where I was "Please." He raised his eyebrows and faked a smile.

He just helping me fix my face so why not? I lean forward and gets close again. Why he gotta be so damn close for? I flinch wanting to scoot back but I stayed. He wiped my eye brow making it twitch. It hurt but I wasn't going to show him. I ain't no bitch.

"Damn. I was prepared for the " his coworker began hissing as if he's in pain. "I've seen bigger men then you come in here and cry." he started to move to my lip. Taking his time to wipe the blood off my lip. "Ain't that right Lew?" The coworker touches his back and he stops wiping.

I look at him and sighs. His minty breath hitting my lips like a breath of fresh air. He continues to wipe. I could tell he was uncomfortable until he left the room.

"That's it." He scoots back. The space where he was got cold. "Please do not get into anything. Because if that eyebrow splits again, you're gonna need stitches. I hop off of the table and the gaurd takes me out of the room

I look back at him and he went on to the next patient.