19

Im so glad he's somewhere safe. That's the only thing I've been stressed about. If he's good then I'm good.

"So he was scared of Ace?" I asked Lewis while he looked through the microscope.

"Terrified. I wish you could've seen him." I smiled. "Aw you seem happy."

"Because I am." I looked in his eyes hoping he could see that I'm not bullshiting. "I really do appreciate everything you've done for me."

"You're welcome."

"I don't think you understand. I've done some shit and I knew it was wrong. I want to change but it's so fucked up when I wake up and I see fighting and childish shit like this."

"But if you think about it. You did change in a way." I arch my eye brows at him. "You pushed Zion and I away at first and now you seem to trust us. You said you knew what you did was wrong. If you could go back in time, would you do it again? Tell the truth."

"Hell no and I mean that. I lost my best friend over it. It was my fault too."

"What happened?" I squint at him. Should I tell him. If he see's I'm changing. It will make him look at my differently. I don't want him to think Joaquin is like me and Jamil. "It's okay if you want to."

"Nah. My best friend Theo and I were planning to rob the store I worked at. We were planning this for weeks."

Flashback
"Alright gimme everything in the register." He pointed the loaded weapon at me with the safety on. I handed him all the money. Then hands me his gun and I pointed it at my manager. I need all the money. And I know there's a safe in his office.

"I need time to open it." My manager shakes out of fear as he starts moving slowly towards his office.

"Then go."

"Aye bro I think we should go." Theo yelled.

"Not until he opens that safe."

"Mar just leave it. The opps are on their way."

"HURRY UP!" I yell at my manager. I shoot the wall scaring everyone so he jumps.

All of a sudden the cops yell everybody down. The cops start shooting and I fell to the ground. I didn't get hit but I don't know if Theo did.

"Where's the weapon?" An officer yells. I slid it from behind the desk. I'm not getting shot today.

"Lay flat with your Hands over your head." Im not gonna lie. Im terrified so I did what I was told. They grabbed both my arms and cuffed me. I stand up and walk past Theo's body covered in a pool of his own blood.

Present.

"That's why I can't let anything else bad happen on me." He grabbed some tissues and dried my face. Not gonna lie, he was a little too close but I know he was just wiping my face. "I didn't even know I was crying. Don't tell anybody."

"I won't." He smiles faintly. "But that's why you were so concerned when Zion got stabbed."

"Yeah. I couldn't live with the fact that it was over me." I actually felt the tears roll down my cheeks. I felt weak. Somebody life was taken because of me.

I felt Lewis hug me. I hugged him back. I don't really hug any one. It felt comforting. I felt shitty and this hug was making me feel like he cared. Like he wasn't judging me. Something no one has ever done for. Something as simple as a hug can make someone feel so much better.

He pulled away and used his hands to wipe my tears.
"I'm sorry for your loss.You are changing into a man. You might not see it but I do." I feel pressure against my lips. He pulls away. Did he just kiss me? Is he deadass? I told him things I've never told anyone. I cried in front of him.

"I'm so sorry." He gets off of his stool and walks away. I stay seated on my stool and reach for his arm. I get a hold of it and pull him back. I don't know what the fuck is going on my body does

Putting my hand on his waist, I finished the kiss he started. I put my lips on He didn't pull away. He puts his hands on my shoulders as we deepened the kiss. I like the hug but this, this is right. This felt like what I needed. What I wanted. Right now, I want more.

I stood up from my stool and lifted him on the table. He chuckles and I tried to stop from smiling but I still did it. His hands slid from my shoulders down to my arms and back up on my stomach. His hands were warm. My hands just started roaming all over him. It's like I can't control myself. I just really want him.

I felt him gently pushing me away. I have to respect what he wants. I pull away and look at Lewis. Lewis. I pull back and bump into a book shelf.
"Im sorry."