34

*Lewis' pov*

"GO JOAQUIN!!!"  
Jamar could barley sit down. Everytime he tried, he'd get up and scream. #14 passed the ball to Joaquin and he finished a lay up, making the shot.

"LETS GO BOYYYY!" I clapped for Joaquin but also for Jamar because I loved to seeing him like this; just out of prison and on the right path. I know one thing is for sure: As long as he's with me, We gonna be good. He has an interview next week. My baby is gonna get his life on track. "Baby you seen that?" I nod my head, smiling at him in awe at how fine he was.
"BRING IT HOME BABYYY!!" Jamar screamed  and Joaquin smiled at him.

I stood up and cheered our team on. We already were ahead by 10 points but there was 35 seconds on the clock. It was their ball but not for long because Joaquin had it in his hands at 25 seconds. Then is passed it to #20. Ran behind the other team. I felt Jamar and I squeezing hands in excitement.
#20 passed it to #10. Joaquin pretended to go one way. Defense on the other team thought they had him covered till they realized the didn't. When they try to block, the ball left his hands at 5 seconds. And it's IN!

The buzzer sounds and the team cheers. Jamar was a proud father at this point. He was screaming and yelling "THATS MY BABY BROTHER!" I couldn't help but grin. "C'mon." He took my hand and helped me down the bleachers. Jamar went down to the gym floor and picked up Joaquin. "You saw that shit. Ayyyyo I'm so fucking proud of you." He spun him around. "We gotta Allstar on our hands." He joked but Joaquin's face was uncomfortable. Jamar was to blinded but I could tell.

"Yes yes. Hey can you start the car? So it'll be easier to leave because of traffic" I trailed off. I just need an excuse

"Yeah yeah." He took the keys. "Boy you gonna be big." He grinned. "STEPH CURRY WHO?" He yells leaving the gym.

"Joaquin what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I shift my wieght on to the other leg.

"What's wrong?" He sighs.

"Jamar called me an allstar."

"Yeah because you are."

"And I would love to but I think I'll disappoint him when I tell him that I want to become a doctor."

"You could never disappoint him. He'll support any decision you make because it yours. But if you love doing both, you can still do both. Be a allstar on and off the court."

"Thanks Lew. I love you man. Your like the mother I've always wanted."

"You're my son/brother."

"Sounds like incest." We both laugh.

"Boy go change." After he grabs his bags. We walk to the car where Jamar was calmly waiting.

"Finally. Y'all two princess move so slow."

"Yeah what ever."I laugh while I roll my eyes. Jamar put his hand on my thigh and one hand on the wheel.

"That was a great game Joaquin. You saw that last shot boy?" He says with excitement. I look back at him and he looks at me.

"Would you be mad if I didn't continue with basketball?" I look at Jamar.

"What you mean?"

"Like if I didn't want to become an all star player, would you be mad?"

"Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know."

"What do you want to do?" Joaquin and I exchanged looks and I nod at him signaling it's okay.

"I would like to be a doctor."

"Oh really? I'm glad to hear that. You'll be a great doctor." Jamar smiles at me. "You been showing him the ropes huh?"

"What? Me?!? It's me who has to hide my lab material cause then he'll leave stuff in the test tubes and beakers." I knew exactly what he was going to say to so I began saying it with him.

"Cause I need them for my notes." We say in unison. "Yeah whatever Lew, you're gonna eat your words when I cure the corona virus. Watch."

"Yeah yeah. I know you will. Just make sure you don't say 'I need them for my notes' when your boss tells you to wash your equipment." I look at him and he rolls his eyes