16

Lewis' pov

I sat in the coffee shop looking through my emails.
Emails from Wright, Judges, and Connor.
I've never had so much hate towards a man. He harasses me all day and he's sneaky. He's not even a man. He's scum.

"Oh I think I know that face." Ryan comes back from the bathroom. "That's the Connor face." I couldn't help but smile. "That's the Ryan face."

"Shut up." I chuckle and set my phone aside.

"What did he do this time?"

"What hasn't he done?" I roll my eyes. "He sent "I started to explain but stopped when I heard buzzing and it wasn't from my phone.

"Sorry babe." This is the office. He answers in front of me and says office-y stuff. I don't know. "You act like you can do your job." He starts putting on his coat and grabbing his things. "I'm so sorry. Lunch on me next time." He kisses my cheek and leaves the shop.

I might as well head out too. I've really been eager to come into work lately. Which is very unusual since I work in a prison. The job has just become easier. Like less stress.

I drive up to fence and they scan my ID. I go through security and they take my phone and coat.
"So How has it been going between you and Brian?" One of my lady officer friend asks.

"Ryan and I have been fine." I smile. "Thank you for asking."

"Ooo Ryan. He prolly got money and a big-"

"Okay well this is my stop. I'm not dealing with you today." I interrupted her

"What? I was gonna say wallet." She looks at me innocently. I playfully roll my eyes at her and enter the infirmary. I take a sip of my coffee and nearly spit it out when I saw the horrific sight. I quickly put my things down and stand in front of his bed.

"What happened?" I turned and ask the doctor who works the day shift.

"Oh. Looks like he's been jumped."

"By who?"

"He won't say." I turn back around and his eyes were now opened.

"Are you okay? Who did this? When did this happen?"

"Too many questions." His face tightened.

"Jamar."

"Don't worry about it. It's nothing."

"No your lip is busted and your eye is swollen. It's more than nothing."

"It is what it is." He shrugs and sits up in his bed. "I need your help." I can see he is venerable but he'll never admit it.

"What is it?"

"My little brother, Joaquin. He's 13 and he's staying with our mother who is on crack. I got him away from her and got myself here so he's back with her. It's not safe there. I really need someone on the outside that I can trust." My head was spinning with this new information

"You trust me?" He nods his head. "I'm sorry to hear that but what does this have to do with me?"

"Can you take him in?" I shot up from the bed. "I know it's a lot to ask. You can't do this for ever nigga in here I know. I know but he has no one. No one."

"Your father? Uncles? Friends?"

"Our father was never in our lives. We don't have any uncles or aunts. He was tired of staying over his friends houses for weeks, that's why he went back." He looks at me with his one bright eye. "I'll pay you. Whatever I make in here, I'll give it all to you."

"I can't."

"I understand. Thanks anyway." He smiles. "You still hooked me up with this sweet ass job so thank you." I could only nod. I was search for the words to say but nothing was coming to mind.

"Ill do it." He looks at me in disbelief. If I could look at myself, it would be out of disbelief too. "Only if you tell me who did this to you." He cuts his eyes in another direction.

"Imma be honest with you. It was in a dark closet. I never saw there faces."

"Interesting. Which closet?" He starts describing the location. I know exactly where this is. "Write down your mother's address." I gave him pen and paper. Before I could make my way towards the door. Jamar grabbed my hand.

"I really do appreciate this." I nod. Any other time, I'd love this but I'm on a mission. I walk back through the entrance and saw my friend.

"Back so soon?"

"Yes. Actually can you show me your security camera room?"

"Let's roll."