5

After Alaric and Ophelia were called down to the library together by Dorian, the two of them walked into the large area to see Dorian standing in front of one of the glass cases that held one of the many ancient supernatural artifacts in the room

"What's wrong?" Ophelia asked Dorian concerned, "What was so important you had to call me down with Alaric?"

Dorian sighed as Alaric and Ophelia walked over to see the glass case was broken and the artifact inside of it was now gone, "The alarm didn't trigger." He informed them as he sighed once more, "I don't know why."

"What was it?" Alaric asked curiously as he stared down at all of the broken glass.

"Knife. Dated circa of the twelfth century. Supernatural origins unknown," Dorian informed Alaric before turning to Ophelia, "The one you found on your travels around the world and brought back before it could get in the wrong hands."

"Guess that didn't work as well as we thought it would." Ophelia commented sarcastically.

Alaric seemed to be in deep thought for a moment before walking away, clearly already having an inkling about who took the knife.

__________

Valerie sighed as she took a seat next to Rafael in the room where all the students who attended the boarding school were all seated, waiting for their headmaster to start speaking, "Hey," Valerie greeted Rafael, only to receive a saddened look before he looked forward instead of at her.

"For ten years, we've gone undetected. Protecting you, protecting our secret has been our singular mission," Alaric announced to the large group of students gathered around, "Tonight I need your help to find Landon Kirby before he exposes us all."

The students all around began to whisper to one another, already gossiping with each other about what had happened. Valerie turned around in her seat to face Hope, who sat behind her, "What's the plan?" She whispered to her best friend, already knowing that the Mikaelson girl was planning her revenge plan on Landon Kirby, the boy she reluctantly opened her heart to, only to be screwed over in the end.

Hope was like her father. She was a very vengeful person. And also like her father, she was someone you didn't want to screw over. She was the last person anyone wanted as their foe.

"Meet me outside in ten." Hope told her quietly, "I have a plan."

____

Valerie got outside, only to see that Hope was nowhere in sight. She saw Josie though and decided to go say hi. Valerie walked over to Josie, only to see that the younger female's eyes were glued on Penelope, who stood about thirty feet away from them, conversing with her friends, "Josie?" She called out quietly in a concerned tone.

Josie ignored her and began to chant something under her breath. Just then, Penelope's whole arm erupted into flames, causing Valerie's eyes to widen in shock. Valerie grabbed Josie's arm and shook her, trying to knock her out of her trance-like state, "Josie! Josie, stop!"