44

While Ophelia stayed with Kaleb at the tent site to pull off her part of the plan, Valerie and Hope went with Alaric, Lizzie, and Josie to find the mummy

Alaric stood in front of the four girls, holding up his crossbow as they walked down the street.

"Some people find it helps to clear their conscience before heading into battle," Lizzie commented, earning an eye roll from both Hope and Valerie.

"Not stopping you." Hope commented, causing Josie to let out a sigh since she knew in no time, Valerie would add in.

Valerie opened up her balled up fist, looking down at the moonlight ring on her finger before looking up at the moon in the sky. As much as she wanted to, she knew it wouldn't be a good idea to take part in Lizzie and Hope's argument, knowing that it wouldn't help with keeping in control.

"Now is not the time," Josie complained, growing annoyed with all of the nonstop bickering.

"It's always time for truth. It wasn't Hope who set the fire, it was Valerie. She knows that, it's why she's being so quiet all of a sudden. She's hiding something," Lizzie explained, causing Valerie to turn to look at her with a face full of rage, "Last chance, Val. If you didn't start that fire to keep us from going, then why were you so mean to me after? I'll tell you why, because you were guilty."

"Girls! Quiet back there, please." Alaric told the group in a hushed tone, "Seriously."

"What are you talking about?" Valerie asked Lizzie with a frown on her face, "I wasn't mean to you. You were mean to me."

"Because you were telling people about my episode. It's the reason the only time you're nice to me is right after it happens. You feel guilty." Lizzie explained, causing Valerie's frown to become even larger.

"What the hell are you talking about, Lizzie?" Valerie asked Lizzie in confusion.

"My episode," Lizzie responded, "The one I had when our trip got canceled. You told everyone that I was witch bipolar."

  Valerie immediately stopped working and turned to face Lizzie in the street, "I would never do that." She replied, shaking her head with a sad look on her face. She couldn't believe Lizzie would think that she would do such a thing.

"Guys, seriously, what is the point of even talking--" Josie began to warn them, only to get cut off by her sister.

"Just drop the act," Lizzie snapped at Valerie, "I had my first occurrence, my mom took me away to get help, and you decided to use it against me. Just like you did a few weeks ago when you found out my mom wasn't coming for my birthday."

"Guys--" Josie spoke up, only to be ignored.

Hope turned to see what Josie was looking at, causing her eyes to widen in alarm when she saw the mummy.