52

In the hallways of the Salvatore School, Hope and Valerie walked alongside Rafael. Hope and Valerie were on their way to meet up with the rest of their "Super-Squad" before they headed to Triad while Rafael walked with them even though Valerie forbade him from going.

Hope turned her head, immediately noticing how Rafael's eyes were glowing yellow, which he seemed to be trying his hardest to stop, "Hey, you okay?" She asked him, a concerned look on her face.

"Umm..." Rafael trailed off, squeezing his eyes shut for a long moment, "My mind still won't settle down. I'm sorry, but I can't join the fight."

"As I said before, Rafael, there's no need to worry," Valerie assured the male werewolf, sending him a soft smile, "Hope and I aren't going alone."

As if on cue, Kaleb, Josie, and Jed appeared walking down the hallway together, causing Hope to quickly point in their direction, "Our squad answered the Bat-Signal." She informed Rafael, a large smile on her face.

Rafael turned his head, immediately looking angered when he saw Jed was apart of the group. As the three supernatural creatures arrived in front of Rafael, Valerie, and Hope, Lizzie arrived as well, glaring at Josie, "She's coming?" Josie and Lizzie asked at the same time, disgust laced in their tone of voice.

"We need all the help we can get so suck it up and put your twin war on pause until this whole mess is over and done with," Valerie reminded the twin sister in a stern tone, both of them sighing in defeat.

"Why is he going?" Rafael suddenly asked, glaring at Jed angrily, "He hates Landon."

Jed sighed, rolling his eyes before turning to look directly at Rafael, "Look, you're the Alpha," He pointed out to Rafael, even though it was clear he wasn't happy about Rafael having that title, he believed Valerie should have been the one to have it, "If Landon's your pack, that makes him ours."

"Where is MG at?" Kaleb asked in concern, glancing around in search of his friend.

After all, the only reason Kaleb decided to be apart of the "Super-Squad" in the first place was because of MG.

"He's on his way," Hope informed Kaleb in a calm tone, "Let's load up while we wait for him. Come on."

As Hope and Valerie began to walk toward the exit, the rest of the group began to follow. Rafael glared at Jed, shaking his head before walking in the opposite direction.

The group made it outside and was about to head toward one of the vans when they were suddenly blocked by Triad Officers, many of them holding polices shields while a man that looked to be the leader stood in front of them "Oh, sorry," The man spoke up in a sarcastic tone, "We were about to knock."

Valerie turned to Hope, exchanging an alarmed look before turning back toward the Triad officers.

"Who the hell are you?" Lizzie asked with an attitude, glaring at the unknown man.

"Name's Burr," The man introduced himself, "Triad Industries."

Hope and Valerie immediately joined hands, pushing their free hand outwards as they began to chant a spell, "Propellere," The two girls spoke up loudly, only to frown as their magic didn't work.

"The hell?" Valerie muttered under her breath, confused as to why their magic wasn't working.

The entire group exchanged looks, clearly concerned about what was going to happen.

"I got this," Kaleb spoke up confidently, placing down his bag before speeding toward Burr.

Kaleb yelled out in pain as he stepped into the sunlight, his skin immediately beginning to burn as if his daylight ring was useless.