22

Valerie was standing in the gym, talking with Jed while the rest of the pack that resided in the gym did their own thing. Rafael was nowhere in sight, which confused Valerie a bit.

 She stood with her back against the wall, Jed standing on the side of her as they spoke to each other, "Come on, Val," Jed sighed out as he gave Jed his best puppy dog eyes, "One night. That's all will take. You and me, a night at the mill."

 Valerie chuckled a bit, patting Jed on the chest as she pushed herself off of leaning on the wall. Her eyes soon locked on Rafael, who made his way over to them, "Rafael?" Valerie called out quietly when noticed the look of urgency and determination on his face.

"We need to talk, Jed," Rafael spoke up, tapping Jed on the shoulder.

 Jed rolled his eyes, glancing over at Valerie before turning his head to look at Rafael, "We already did. And if you haven't noticed, I'm going kind of busy right now."

 Valerie scoffed, giving Jed a glare, "Just hear him out." She insisted before Rafael spoke up once more.

"Look, I've got the vampires and the witches. But I need one more faction to make sure. It'd be nice to know I could count on my own pack," Rafael explained to Jed and Valerie immediately began to feel as though it wasn't going to end well."

"Yeah, seem that's the thing, Raf," Jed replied, "They're not your pack. They're mine."

 Jed sighed as he turned away from Rafael and faced Valerie, whose eyes were locked on Rafael instead of Jed. Rafael looked at Valerie, waiting for her to approve on the plan he had talked about with her earlier on that day. The Plan B that was made in case Jed still didn't agree to vote that Landon could stay.

"Thought you might say that," Rafael spoke up as he turned around and began to walk in the other direction.

 Rafael walked over to the bench and placed down his bag, leading Jed to believe he had given up, "I've actually been studying those books you make other people read for you. Like Intro to Lycanthropy," Rafael began to walk toward Jed, causing the Alpha werewolf to turn to face him once more, "The book was written by Ophelia Rose herself, which lead to me asking Valerie all the questions that I had about it. She confirmed that an alpha has to face a challenger one-on-one. I didn't want to do things this way. But if what the alpha says goes..." He trailed off as his eyes glowed yellow, "Then I gotta be alpha."

 Jed's eyes flickered to yellow before he punched Rafael in the face, causing Valerie to gasp as she quickly moved out of the way before being she could be caught in the crossfire. Rafael punched Jed twice in the stomach before punching him in the face. Jed punched Rafael in the stomach before Rafael pushed Jed backward. Rafael threw Jed into the wall Valerie was formerly leaning against before he pulled him upwards and punched him in the face, causing blood to spill from Jed's mouth. Jed's face hit the ground as Rafael walked to stand in the middle of the gym, Valerie standing beside him.

"The polls are now open," Rafael spoke up before beginning to walk away, "Come on, Val."

 Valerie hesitantly glanced over at Jed, who laid on the ground, "I'm sorry it had to come to this, J," Valerie apologized to him quietly. She gave him a sympathetic look before following after Rafael.

_________

 Valerie was sitting on a couch in the parlor, eating some cherries from the bowl in her lap while she held a book of Shakespeare in her right hand. 

Suddenly, she saw someone stop in front of her, causing her to look up to see Penelope standing before her, "Okay, so we might have been each other's enemies for years now because of our feelings we both have for Josie, but it just so happens that we both want to get back at a certain blonde siphoner," Penelope paused, a smirk on her face as she picked up the last cherry left in Valerie's bowl. She bit the cherry off its stem and ate it, just before her smirk began larger, "What do you say, Val, wanna team up for a little destruction?"

 Valerie smirked back at Penelope, "Always." She replied in a deceiving tone.

____

Later on that day in the auditorium, Valerie walked over to the empty seat beside Rafael in the werewolf section. From afar, she spotted Josie sitting with Lizzie and gave her a small smile. She then took her seat beside Rafael, greeting him with a smile before facing the front.

"Alright," Emma spoke up loudly as she stood at the podium, "Voting is now closed." She announced and everyone began to clap, "Let's get started."

   Emma used her magic to force the paper that read the results to come out of the box that it was in. It flew up into the air before Emma caught, beginning to read the results of the election, "The werewolf representative will be...Rafael."

 The werewolves all stood up, beginning to clap and cheer for Rafael, who remained in his seat beside Valerie, "Good job," She congratulated him, giving his thigh a light squeeze as she smiled at him. 

 Rafael sent her back a small smile, clearly not that excited about being an alpha. 

"Alright, settle down," Emma told the werewolves, who gradually began to obey her orders, "Thank you. Next up...The vampire representative will be..." She trailed off as she glanced down at the paper.

 MG stood up, thinking he would be the winner, "Kaleb," Emma suddenly said and MG's smile dropped as the rest of the vampires cheered, "Alright, guys. Settle down! Thank you. And the witch representative will be...Josie."

 Lizzie, who was expecting to win, frowned in confusion when she heard her sister's name instead of her own. Valerie turned her head to glance at Penelope, whose eyes were on her. Penelope smiled at their success, sending Valerie a quick wink. Valerie quietly chuckled, shaking her head before smiling at Penelope.

"Thank you all for voting. And congratulations to our newly elected representatives. That is all."