51

After leaving Josie's room, Valerie was walking down the hallway alone, off to find a way a obtain some human blood to drink instead of the animal blood the school provided for the vampires.

On the way down the hallway, Valerie ended up bumping into one of the vampires, who was hanging with his friends, drinking an animal blood bag, "Watch it. Half breed." He snapped at her, causing Valerie to turn to him, not looking happy whatsoever.

"What did you just say to me?" Valerie asked the male vampire, gritting her teeth as she took a threatening step toward him.

"I said watch it, half-breed," He repeated himself, him and Valerie now standing head to head, glaring at each other, "Or should I say abomination? I mean, that is what you are."

Valerie growled, the veins under her eyes and her hybrids eyes now on full display. A fight clearly on the verge of starting, more vampires vamp-sped over to back their fellow vampire up while the werewolves did the same for Valerie.

"You wanna call me that again and see what happens?" Valerie threatened the vampire, lowly growing at him as she took a step forward, her face almost touching his.

The vampire flashed his veins, showing no fear toward Valerie even though he should have.

Seeing a fight about to occur between Valerie and the unknown vampire, Alaric rushed over, quick to break it, "Hey, hey, hey," He spoke up in warning, grabbing both teenagers by their shoulders before pulling them away from each other, "Stand down."

Clearly not in her right mind, Valerie turned to Alaric, growling at him, "Get off me!" She yelled at him, using her magic to throw him across the hall and into a chair, which immediately broke upon impact.

Seeing what had happened and how ballistic Valerie was being, which was unlike her, Jed rushed over, grabbing her by the arm, "Hey, wolves, stand down!" He demanded and Valerie turned to him, clearly angry that he was trying to break it up as well, "Now!" He repeated, roughly pushing Valerie back since there seemed to be no other way to stop her.

Unlike Valerie, the male vampire didn't obey Jed's order and got ready to step toward. Knowing if the boy continued to pick a fight, there would be no stopping Valerie until the vampire was dead, Roman sped over, roughly pushing him back, "Enough!" He shouted out in a stern tone.

The unnamed vampire eyed Roman up and down, almost as if he wanted to challenge. Finally coming to the realization that Roman was nearly a century old, he knew for a fact it would be like signing his own death sentence. The boy scoffed, just before turning and leaving the scene. Valerie decided to ignore Jed's request and turned to face the vampire, taking a step toward him.

Soon enough, the rest of the group left, leaving Valerie alone with Jed and Roman. Roman started at Valerie intently, causing her to roll her eyes in annoyance, "What?" She snapped at the male vampire, who continued to give her a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" He questioned in concern, leading Valerie to letting out a large scoff.

"Don't act like you care about me," She growled at him, "Hope's not around for you to have to act like you actually care about my wellbeing so why don't you leave me the hell alone?"

Valerie glared at Roman before storming off with Jed following after her. Roman sighed, running a hand through his hair before he turned to see Ophelia walking down the hallway, only to see an injured Alaric laying on the ground.

Ophelia's eyes widened in shock, just before she rushed over to Alaric, "Oh, my God!" She gasped in shock, cupping Alaric's face in her hands as she examined the wound on his forehead, "Are you okay? What happened?"