55

That night, Ophelia was leaving Alaric's office, a smile on her face that refused to disappear. After their kiss, she and Alaric had talked.

  Alaric had assured her that he understood Ophelia would never get over Klaus. At least, not fully. But the same went for Jo in Alaric's case.  They shared a mutual understanding with each other when it came to that. To find someone that was okay with it was something both of them thought they would never find in someone else, but they did. They found it in each other.

Just then, Ophelia's phone vibrated in her pocket and she was quick to answer it when she knew it was Hope, "Hope," She greeted the girl in a worried tone, "Are you okay? Did you find Landon?"

"Yeah," Hope responded and Ophelia couldn't help but realize something was wrong just by the way she was talking.

"Okay, well, tell me where you are," Ophelia insisted, beginning to walk toward the main door of the Salvatore School to leave.

"Fort Valley, Georgia. Landon's gonna need you when I'm done. You have to write it down," Hope demanded, causing Ophelia to frown in confusion.

"Wait, what? You're at Triad Headquarters?" She asked Hope concerned.

"Yeah. Uh, don't worry, though. Everyone here is dead," Hope responded, causing Ophelia to laugh humorlessly as she rolled her eyes.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better, Hope?" Ophelia complained to Hoe, "Listen, you're not making any sense right now. Just put Landon on the phone, alright?"

"I can't. Uh, he would have tried to stop me, so I had to kill him, too," Hope informed Ophelia, whose eyes widened in shock.

"You what?" Ophelia exclaimed loudly, a look of disbelief on her her.

"He'll come back. Don't worry. Even if I don't," Hope told Ophelia, who immediately knew that something wasn't right with Hope. She was up to something.

"Hope, you're going to tell me right now what the hell you're about to do right now before you do it, understand me?" Ophelia demanded in a stern tone, but of course, Hope ignored her.

"Clark won. He found the final artifact, and he tossed it into the pit, which is Landon's father, by the way. And now Malivore's gonna rise unless I stop him," Hope explained, causing Ophelia to frown in confusion.

"Stop him how?" Ophelia questioned Hope, clearly thinking that none of what Hope said made sense.

"Landon got all the answers, but, basically, Malivore was created by the blood of a werewolf, a witch and a vampire. It used to be that only they could destroy what they created, but nature found a loophole," Hope explained before pausing for a brief moment, "By making me. The Tribrid. I'm the loophole. Technically, you and Val are the loophole too, but I was the only one who was born as all three, only I was."

  "Hope, you listen to me right now," Ophelia demanded in a stern tone, knowing there was no other way to speak to Hope at that moment, "What you're talking is a theory, okay? You don't even know if it's gonna work, so why don't you just sit tight, and you wait for me to get there? Sound good?"

"There's no time," Hope aruged, causing Ophelia to start to grow angry that Hope wasn't listening to her.

She couldn't lose Hope. She refused to. Not after everything they had been through.

"I've always thought that I was a cosmic mistake, Ophelia, someone who should never have been born. But after all this time, I mean, my purpose is finally clear. Think about it. I'm the answer to all of this. I can remember things about Malivore that no one else can. That Triad weapon didn't affect me," She explained to Ophelia, who immediately could tell that Hope was trying her hardest not to cry, "Did my blood heal Josie?" She asked and Ophelia's silence gave Hope the answer she needed.