19

"I think he's still out there," Rafael told the girls when they saw the Arachne nowhere in sight.

They heard it screech before it entered through the wood. Josie screamed out a few times as the Arachne tried to get them.

"Hey! Douchebag!" Landon suddenly yelled, causing Valerie to turn her head to see the boy on the first floor.

As the Arachne turned toward him, Landon backed up and went back outside while Hope entered, "Oh, thank God!" Valerie sighed in relief when she saw her best friend.

"I hate spiders," Hope grumbled.

"You need to get us out of here," Rafael told Josie in a determined tone.

"Crap, crap, crap," Josie cursed to herself as she leaned forward and kissed Valerie, who was totally fine with it.

Once she got enough magic from Valerie, Josie pulled away, "Uanascar." She said and she was immediately able to get out of the webs. She focused on getting Valerie and Rafael out, which immediately worked.

Valerie suddenly froze when she felt her magic inside of her, "Yay, you siphoned the magic canceling spell again," She said happily, clapping her hands together.

"Val, stop messing around! I need you and Josie's help!" Hope shouted out to the female hybrid.

Josie and Valerie quickly ran down the stairs, "Take my hand," Valerie told Josie, who quickly listened.

She then walked over to Hope and grabbed her hand. Lizzie immediately ran in and grabbed Hope's other hand. The Arachne turned to them, snarling, "Repeat after me," Valerie instructed, "Imperium fluctus malleus. Imperium fluctus malleus. Imperium fluctus malleus. Imperium fluctus malleus. Imperium fluctus malleus." The girls chanted as they raised their hands up, Lizzie and Josie siphoning from Hope and Valerie, "Imperium fluctus malleus!" The four girls pushed their hands forward, causing the Arachne, to fly upwards and against the wall before blowing up.

Valerie cringed in disgust as the orange guts of the Arachne went all over her and the three girls. The four supernatural females exited the house, causing the three boys to turn to them in shock, "I need a shower." Valerie complained, an annoyed look on her face.

______

In the school's gym, the werewolves played a game of what looked like dodgeball with a medicine ball, "You sure you want to do this tonight?" Valerie asked Rafael concerned as they both stood just outside the gym.

"You saw what they did to me. They even tried to do the same to you. I don't think going lone wolf's an option anymore. Well, not for someone like me." Rafael fixed him eyes on Valerie, clearly referring to himself being someone like her.

"Don't look at me!" Valerie complained, holding her hands up in surrender, "If these wolves find me corner me somewhere other than inside school walls, I'm a dead man."

"Look, Val, after Cassie died, I thought Landon was the only pack that I'd ever have," Rafael explained her, "I didn't think I needed anyone else. Be honest with me. Completely and totally honest with me. You're clearly really close with the headmaster. Is this school, these people...keeping Landon here--Is it worth it?"

Valerie sighed, "This place is flawed. I can definitely tell you that. But there's no one here isn't flawed or cursed in some type of way. Whether its blood or just life, we're all cursed. Everyone has their own type of issues that they're dealing with. But we're all in this together. We stick by one another. No matter what," she explained to him, "So yeah, it's definitely worth it, Rafael."

The medicine ball suddenly went flying through the air and hit a player, causing him to fall to the ground. The ball rolled over to Valerie and Rafael's feet, causing them to look down at it, "Little help?" Someone asked them.

Valerie was about to pick it up when Rafael picked it up, "Medicine ball," He realized, because of its heavy weight, "Jed and his boys play for keeps."

Rafael glanced at Valerie before walking forward, Jed and his pack members immediately approaching him, "Foster Kid," Jed greeted Rafael as he took the ball from his hands, "You back for more?" He asked before glancing over at Valerie, "I see you brought your bodyguard, too. Or maybe I should call her your little girlfriend."

Rafael took a deep breath before beginning to explain his story, "I killed my girlfriend," He informed the group of werewolves, "It was an accident. I was behind the wheel, and I lost control. When I woke up, I was in the hospital. Landon had to tell me that she was dead, and I don't know anything else. Am I apart of the pack now?"

Jed nodded his head, "Take a knee," He suddenly said, causing Valerie to frown in confusion.

"What?" Rafael asked confused.

"You're gonna submit to your alpha, you take a knee," Jed demanded and Rafael immediately turned to look at Valerie, who gave him a concerned look, "No, I'm just playing."

Jed turned to Valerie, who was walking over to the group, "Come to join, too?"

"Depends," Valerie replied, crossing her arms over her chest, "I'm not going to be your little bitch all the time. I have a life outside of this and I'm my own person, remember that."

Jed nodded his head in agreement, not really listened to her terms. He was just dying to get her into the pack, "Just tell your story and you're in."

Valerie sighed, turning to look at Rafael, who seemed both confused and concerned as to why she decided to join the back, "When I was three, my father was killed while I was sleeping. He was the last living Bennett witch besides a lady named Bonnie Bennett. My mother was a werewolf. An Alpha to the Northeast Atlantic pack. My mother and I tried to run that night, but we ended up getting caught. I watched the fluorescent yellow color leave my mother's eyes as her heart was ripped out. The man came after me and I ran. He found me in the woods near my house and I used my magic for the first time ever to protect myself. I screamed out and he was thrown midair, impaling himself on a tree branch ten feet above the ground. That's when my mother found me." Valerie explained, only to have the whole pack stared at her in shock, "Before you ask, yes, I triggered my curse at just three and yes, I killed the man on purpose."

Jed scoffed, "Damn, that's crazy," He commented, "One more thing."

Valerie frowned as she watched Jed grab her left hand, pulling the moonlight ring off her hand, "You can't wear this." He insisted and Valerie was about to argue, but decided against it.

"What, you going to take it for yourself?" She asked with an attitude.

"You crazy?" He asked her in disbelief, "If your mother found me with this, she would cut my whole hand off and then chop me to pieces and eat me for dinner."

Rafael chuckled, finding comment funny. He watched closely as Jed placed the moonlight ring in Valerie's back pocket as if it were nothing. Valerie rolled her eyes at this, unamused at Jed's actions.

Jed suddenly passed the medicine ball to Rafael, which he immediately caught, "It's your ball, Rafael. You and Val are in the next round."

   Both Rafael and Valerie chuckled softly, turning to glance at each other with a smile on their faces. Rafael quickly passed the ball to Valerie, who quickly caught it, "And no using your magic, Val. That's considered cheating." Jed reminded the female hybrid. 

Valerie playfully rolled her eyes, making her away closer to Rafael, who placed his hand at the small of her back as they walked onto the court.

AN: I still don't know how I'm going to have Valerie being in the pack work, but whatever. I knew I was going to have it happen somehow because Valerie mentioned a few times that they had been trying to get her to join for a few years. Also, this will be the last chapter until the few episode comes out since I'm all caught up now.