50

Meanwhile later, Josie had informed Valerie about why she was in the library. She had been searching for books having to do with the merge. Valerie, of course, immediately agreed to help.

"You sure about this?" Valerie asked Josie nervously, giving her a concerned look.

"Yes, I'm sure," Josie replied, nodding her head in response.

Valerie watched closely as Josie walked over to the magical object in the library used to find a book of a certain subject that was located within the room.

Josie switched around the letters until it finally read 'Merge'. She switched the knob and soon enough, everyone book that had the mention of the merge pulled out of the bookcase.

Josie pulled out one of the books, eying the cover before turning to glance at Valerie, who sent her a small, fragile smile.

Meanwhile, after searching through five of the books without finding anything remotely helpful, Josie placed down the book in her hand before turning to Valerie, "Listen, Val," She spoke up, causing Valerie, who seemed to be staring off into space since she was growing bored, to immediately turn to her, "I think I can manage this alone for a while. I really think you should really hang with the wolves for a bit. It's the people you've always felt most comfortable with. I don't know how being a hybrid is, but I know when you were part witch and wolf before being turned by Hope, you always were with the wolves the most. I notice that you're acting differently and I don't want you to lose your werewolf friends because you want to help me with this instead."

Valerie sighed, giving Josie a hesitant look, "Are you sure?" She asked her concerned and Josie nodded her head in response. Even though Josie wanted Valerie to stay with her, she knew for a fact that deep down Valerie needed to stick with her people during her rough transition. And the wolves were her people, no matter how much she tried to deny it.

After leaving the library, Valerie entered the gym, which was where the pack was hanging out. Immediately after entering, the wolves all awkwardly stared at her, seeing as though they hadn't seen the girl in days and also add the fact that everyone in school knew about her being part vampire now.

Noticing the looks the pack was giving her, Valerie couldn't help but feel as though she wasn't wanted. She turned on her heel, about to leave when Jed spoke up, "Come join us, Val. We're actually in need of an extra player."

"Alright," Valerie decided, turning to glance at Rafael, who seemed to be in another world as he just stood there, "I'll play with you guys."

Soon enough, an entire hour had placed and Valerie was still playing with the wolves. They soon accepted her after Valerie had assured them that she was still one of them and that her wolf side was the only part of her that truly embraced. And that was true. She did use her witch powers quite often, but it was almost always when she needed the protect herself.

"Heads up!" Valerie shouted at Rafael as she threw the medicine ball in his direction, which snapped him out of his trance-like state.

Before it could hit him, Jed quickly caught the ball, causing Rafael to glance between him and Valerie in confusion, "That almost took your head off." Jed told Rafael, who continued to frown.

"Yo, how long have I been here?" Rafael asked Jed confused before looking over at Valerie, "And when did Valerie get here?"

"I've been here for an hour," Valerie replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"She got here about ten minutes after you did," Jed informed Rafael in a calm tone, "But you've been going through the motions like a zombie. You sure you're okay?"