24

Hope had a large smile on her face as she twisted the doorknob and entered her room at the Salvatore school, the one she happened to share with Valerie, "Valerie, I have so much to tell you. More specifically about how Landon and I kissed--" Hope's sentence was cut off with the shriek that escaped her lips when she saw both Valerie and Josie sit up from lying on Valerie's bed.

 Both girls quickly covered their bare bodies with the bed's sheet as they gave Hope shocked look, their mouths gaped open and their eyes wide, "Oh, my God!" Hope gasped out, quickly covering her eyes with her hands before turning around, "My eyes! My poor, virgin eyes!"

"Oops?" Valerie nervously chuckled as she turned to Josie, who seemed to be in an awkward position.

"I better get dressed and go..." Josie trailed off, quickly getting out of bed before getting dressed. 

 Josie gave Valerie a small smile before walking past Hope and leaving the room. Hope sighed in relief when she heard the door close and removed her hands from covering her eyes. She turned to Valerie, giving her a questioning look, "What the hell have you been up to?" Hope asked with a smile on her face.

"I could say the same to you," Valerie replied, a smile forming on her lips, "Kissing Landon?"

__

 The following morning,  Ophelia was sitting on a chair in front of both Valerie and Hope as they both sat on their beds, sharing their rants with her.

 "So this is what happened," Valerie began to explain to her mother, "I was really angry when I found Rafael with Lizzie, ended up trashing the kitchen, and then somehow, I ended up getting in bed with Josie Saltzman, which, might I add, was the best se--" Before she could finish her sentence, Ophelia cut her off.

"I don't really want to know how good the sex was, Val. Get back on point." Ophelia told her with a sigh.

"Anyways, I feel really bad because I have a feeling Josie is starting to like me as more than a friend, but I'm more into Rafael, even though he probably hates me. Josie has to know that I was just using her as a rebound, right? Oh, my God. What if she doesn't?" 

 Within seconds, Hope took her turn with continuing the rant she started earlier on about Landon, "Obviously, nothing's gonna come out of it. I mean, I may never see him again," Hope began to rant, "And nobody wants a phone thing. Though I do like the sound of his voice. It's low and smart-sounding and kind of soothing. And his eyes--eye are like, this green-gray color that's not really a color, you know? Like, they're green when he wears green, and then..." She trailed off, realizing that her ranting about a boy was nothing like what her usual self, "Oh, my God. Who am I right now?"

  Ophelia laughed, feeling as though Hope's question reminded her a lot of something Davina Claire had asked her years ago when talking about her crush on Kaleb Westphall, who happened to actually Kol Mikaelson, a close friend of hers and Hope's uncle, "A normal teenage girl?" Ophelia replied in a form of a question, "And as much as I love hearing the two of you girls talk about something as simple as having a crush on a boy instead of things like revenge and stuff similiar to it, you need actual friends. Friends your own age. Not someone who has three hundred years on you." 

 Ophelia's phone buzzed, which cut the conversation show, "Alaric needs me," She informed the two girls as she stood up from her seat, "Listen to my advice and find some friends."

"I have friends!" Valerie shouted in protest.

"Ones that you haven't slept with, kissed, or just used for a partner in a revenge scheme?" Ophelia asked, which immediately shut Valerie up before the female tribrid left.

"Damn, you're right," Valerie sighed out before turning to Hope, who seemed to be in deep thought, "What are you thinking about?"

 Hope gave Valerie a pleading look, "The only person I have something in common with besides you is someone you're not on good terms with at the moment, but it's my only chance," She informed Valerie, who immediately knew she was talking about.

"Does this person happen to be male, a werewolf with bad anger issues and also happens to be Landon's foster brother?" Valerie asked and Hope nodded, "As much as I want to avoid him right now, you're probably right. Let's go find him."

______

"Alright, let's get the rest of these chairs and tables and get 'em out of here," Rafael instructed his pack members, who were helping set up Lizzie's party. He clapped his hands together, "Let's go, let's go."

"Perks of being an alpha, I guess," Valerie spoke up as she approached the male werewolf alongside Hope, "There's a bunch of submissives dumbasses you get to boss around. "

"You're kind of right, actually," Rafael surprisingly agreed with her as he helped one of his pack members lift up a table, "Just a bunch of shadows waiting to be told what to do. But submissive dumbasses work, too."

"Who put you on party duty?" Hope asked Rafael curiously as she began to follow him alongside Valerie.

"I volunteered," Rafael retorted with an attitude, "What do you want? I'm busy."

"Listen, Raf, we know you're mad at us for sending Landon away, but..." Hope trailed off as Rafael slammed down the table before turning to face her and Valerie, "I promise you, it was for his own good."

"You've known him for two minutes, and you know what's good for him?" Rafael asked Hope with an attitude before turning to Valerie, "You're no better."

"I know that I want him to be safe," Hope told Rafael, glancing at Valerie, "So does Val."

 Valerie sighed out, causing Rafael to turn his head to look directly at her, "Listen, Raf, Hope and I just came here to apologize. And I thought maybe if...I don't know, if you needed someone to talk to..." She trailed off, only to notice the look he was giving her, "But you know what? Screw this. This was a bad idea, Hope. I should've never agreed."

 Valerie grabbed Hope by the arm, bringing her along with her as she began to walk away.

 Rafael shut his eyes for a moment, letting out a sigh in defeat. He knew he couldn't stay mad at Valerie. She was just doing what thought was right. He couldn't be mad at her for that.

Rafael quickly turned around and began to catch up to Valerie and Hope. He grabbed Valerie's arm, causing both her and Hope to turn to face him, "Actually, I do kind of need help with something."

"What do you need?" Valerie asked, sounding a bit annoyed.

"There's no fancy parties in grand ballrooms where I come from," Rafael began to inform her, "I need to know what to expect for tonight. I don't want to let Lizzie down."

Valerie quietly scoffed, rolling her eyes at the mention of Lizzie. Hope just smiled, giving Rafael an amused look, "Who cares what Lizzie Saltzman thinks?" Hope commented.

"I do," Rafael replied and Valerie seemed a bit taken aback by his response, "I'm her date."

 Hope's eyes widened at the revelation and immediately turned to Valerie, who avoided eye contact with her and looked down at the ground.