45

Valerie took a deep breath as she stood in the woods, looking up at the sky, which had a glowing full moon at its apex

She wore just a bra and shorts, knowing that all her clothes would be torn after doing what she was about to do. She looked down at her hand, which no longer sported a moonlight ring, but that was something no one else knew. If they did, she would have been forced to spend her transition into a wolf in the cells alongside the rest of the werewolves at the school. She refused to have that happen. She also couldn't admit to anyone that she had lost her moonlight during the trip to South Caroline.

Valerie closed her eyes, just before opening them to reveal her eyes to be glowing yellow.

"Ah!" Valerie yelped in pain as her ankle bone broke, causing her to fall on all fours.

She yelled out in pain once more as the bones in her arms and legs started to crack and break.

"Don't fight it. Don't fight it," She told herself quietly, yelling out in pain as more bones broke.

On all fours, her torso began to form into a wolf's body and as she lifted up her head, her fangs grew and her eyes glowed.

Within seconds, Valerie had finally formed into a wolf, her fur grew and her eyes glowing yellow.

Without a care in the world, she ran through the woods on all fours, not giving a crap on who she might run into.

Hours had past and when Valerie woke up, she found herself laying outside beside Rafael, who was fully clothed and unconscious.

She winced in pain as a bright light was shone on her. She turned her head, only to see that it was Alaric and Hope. Valerie decided to snap out of the confused state she was in after turning back early and moved closer to Rafael, "Raf? Raf, hey!" She spoke to him in a hushed tone, "Hey, are you okay?"

"MG...Landon ..." Rafael muttered quietly, still not opening his eyes.

Hope shared a glance with Alaric, just before kneeling next to Valerie so that she could talk to Rafael, "Hey, what's going on? Where's Landon?" Hope asked Rafael, who finally opened his eyes.

Rafael glanced between Hope and Valerie, shaking his head with a horrified look on his face, "I can't remember."

Both Hope and Valerie turned to Alaric, giving him a concerned look.

________

Meanwhile, Valerie had brought Rafael inside while Hope went to fetch Ophelia to share some knowledge on the matter. Rafael sat at the edge of the bed, staring blankly at Ophelia, who stood in front of him, "Lunar psychosis?" Alaric asked Ophelia confused after she told the group what was wrong with Rafael.

"That's a thing?" Hope questioned Ophelia, even more confused.

"Quit talking," Rafael complained, "Making noise."