26

AN: In honor of it being Christmas Eve, this will be a Christmas Themed chapter with flashbacks from different Christmases over the years. Some will be Valerie centric while others will be Ophelia centric.

Christmas, 2018

This Christmas, just like the others for the past four years had consisted of only Ophelia, Valerie, Hayley, and Hope. It had been four years since Ophelia had adopted Valerie and decided to raise her as if she were her own.

During that time, Hope and Valerie immediately clicked and became the best of friends. Hope was clearly thrilled to finally have someone that was her own age to hang with. She even claimed to that Valerie was her sister since Ophelia was, as she said it, her 'Dad's wife and her mom's sister' even though she was neither. Hayley and Ophelia couldn't help chuckle when they heard Hope say this, but let her believe it.

It was now Christmas Eve, a few minutes before Midnight. Ophelia stood in front of the Christmas tree she, Valerie, Hayley, and Hope set up together. They knew, in the next few days, they would have to move again to keep looking for the cures for the Mikaelson's sicknesses, which was why they were put into a deep slumber, waiting for the day that Hayley and Ophelia awoke them with cures.

Klaus, on the other hand, got the short end of the stick and was being held captive by Marcel, who took the beast serum. It had been nearly four years since that had happened and Ophelia felt lost every moment of it without Klaus. She missed him dearly. Just before Klaus had sacrificed himself to Marcel to save his family he had finally come clean to Ophelia on his undying love for her and they had shared a single, passionate kiss before he left.

Now, here Ophelia was, standing in front of the Christmas tree, thinking about the many Christmas's they had spent together when they ruled New Orleans together.

Tears formed in her eyes and Ophelia began to silently cry. She knew she had to be strong and took a deep breath, wiping her eyes. She couldn't take the pain of missing Klaus any more and decided to perform a spell to see him.

Ophelia slipped off the bracelet that she wore on her wrist, which was given to her by Klaus on the night of her wedding to Jackson.

She closed her eyes as she tightly grasped the bracelet in her hands, beginning to perform the spell that would astral project her to where Klaus was, "Demitte moi, demitte moi," She began to quietly chant, "Demitte moi, demitte moi."

Ophelia suddenly opened her eyes to find herself in the garden, the former prison for rogue vampires. She glanced around, only to find Klaus sitting on the ground with a line of salt around him. He looked utterly weak and had chains around his neck and hands, "Klaus?" She spoke up in a fragile tone, her voice cracking at the sight of him.

Klaus immediately looked up at Ophelia when he heard her voice. Suddenly, his face began cold and emotionless. causing Ophelia to frown in confusion, "Go away," Klaus spoke up in an annoyed tone, "I know you're not real. You're just a figment in my imagination. My brain's way of distraction itself from all of the pain. Just likes the last dozen times I saw you."

"I'm real. I assure you," Ophelia informed him with a small smile on her face as she walked closer to the circle of salt surrounding the male hybrid. She knew she couldn't cross it, so she knelt in front of it, "I did a spell to astral project here. I couldn't take being without you. It's Christmas day and I couldn't stop thinking of the holidays we spent together over the centuries," She paused and as Klaus was about to speak up, she spoke, "It's been four years, Klaus. It's 2018."