20

Flashback; two years earlier

 Valerie was walking out of her Chemistry of magic class when she was suddenly approached by Jed, the Alpha of werewolves at the Salvatore Boarding School, "Hey," He greeted her and Valerie gave him a somewhat confused look.

"Hi?" Valerie replied in more of question rather than a statement.

"You're Valerie Rose, right?" He asked her curiously and Valerie nodded her head in confirmation, "You're the talk of the school lately."

 Valerie quietly chuckled as she stopped walking to turn to Jed, "How so?" She questioned him.

"Well, I mean, you're part werewolf, part witch, the best friend of Hope Mikaelson, the adoptive daughter of everyone's favorite teacher..." He trailed off, beginning to smile at Valerie, "And the prettiest girl at this school in my opinion."

 "Are you seriously trying to flirt with me?" Valerie asked, clearly amused, "We just met and I'm smart enough to not fall for anyone's tricks. So, what is it that you really want?"

Jed raised his hands in mock surrender, "I just want to get to know you better. I mean, who wouldn't? I just thought I'd try to talk to you, but if you don't want me to, it's fine," He told her before he began to walk away.

 Before he could get far, Valerie quickly grabbed his arm, stopping him. Jed slowly turned to face Valerie, who sighed out.

  She was hesitant on allowing Jed to get to know her, but she felt as though it would be time to begin to get over her everlasting crush on Josie Saltzman, a girl that would never be anything more than her friend, "Fine," She spoke up, letting go of holding his arm before she crossed her arms over her chest, "You want to get to know me? That's fine with me. Come to the party I'm having tonight at the abandoned mill at the woods. There will be alcohol and weed, of course. So be prepared." She informed him and Jed smiled, nodding his head in understanding.

"I'm being invited to one of your imfamous parties?" Jed asked jokingly and Valerie couldn't help but chuckle, "I feel honored."

"I have to get to my next class, but I hope to see you tonight," She told him, giving him a small wave before walking off.

______

 At the party at the mills, Valerie stood in front of Nate, a vampire that attended the boarding school, "You ready?" She asked him with a smile on her face.

 He nodded, giving Valerie the okay. She took a deep breath before lifting up her right hand, causing a cup of beer to lift up mid air. She placed it above the vampire's tilted head and turned the cup sideways, allowing the alcohol inside of it to be poured into his mouth. She laughed, finding it amusing how Nate tried to keep up and gulp down all the beer.

"Valerie! Finally, I found you." She heard a familiar voice speak up as they approached her.

 As she turned to Jed, she lost her concentration with her magic, causing all of the beer to spill all over Nate before the plastic cup fell on his face, "Come on, Valerie!" He complained, but Valerie ignored him, keeping all her focus on Jed.

"I was starting to think you weren't going to show," She commented with a smile on her face, "How about we go get some drinks?"