32

Ophelia was walking down the hallway on her own when she saw Rafael rushing down the hallway before he stormed outside, "Raf, hey, Rafael!" She called out as she chased after him, knowing something was wrong.

Rafael growled and screamed out as he clutched his head, clearly trying to control the fury and anger he felt at that moment, "Just calm down. I can help you with whatever's wrong," She told him in a calm, assuring tone.

Rafael turned to face Ophelia, taking in deep breaths, tears streaming down his face, "It was my fault," He informed her, "I got pissed because I didn't medal. And then I thought my girlfriend was flirting with the guy that beat me. I got jealous and I picked a fight with her. And then all that--That anger stuff started building up. That stuff that I can't control, Ophelia. And then I started yelling at her. And then I took that turn too fast. And she's always telling me not to take the turn that fast." He explained as he breathed heavily, "And she was right. It wasn't the storm. It was me. I killed her." He paused, beginning to cry, "I killed her, Ophelia."

Ophelia sighed, immediately walking closer to Rafael to give him a hug, "Hey, it's okay. You're going to be okay," She assured him quietly as he continued to cry.

_______

In the basement, Hope began to cry, causing MG and Valerie to share a nervous look since they didn't know what was wrong with her. Valerie placed a hand on Hope's shoulder, "Hope, come on. Come on! Come on out. Hope. Hope, wake up!" She called out, continuing to cry.

Mg sighed, grabbing onto the Necromancer's hands, "Head Dive's over," he demanded in a stern tone, "Come on, man. Let her out. She's scared. Come on."

The Necromancer's eyes turned completely white as he began to laugh, "Let me go in with her," Valerie suddenly spoke up, causing MG to frown.

"What?" He exclaimed, "Do you see what's happening to Hope? The same thing will happen to you."

"I don't care," Valerie argued sternly, "Let me in and I'll make sure she's okay. While I do that, get Dr. Saltzman to help us. Please, MG, I need to know that she's okay in there. I need to know what's happening to her."

MG sighed, hesitantly nodded his head. He held onto the Necromancer's hands while Valerie placed one hand on Hope's shoulder and the other on the Necromancer's.

She closed her eyes and when she opened them, she found herself in Rosseau's, "What the hell?" She frowned in confusion before she began to check all the door, trying to find an unlocked one.

As she walked over to the last door to check, she noticed pictures of the Necromancer on the wall, "This guy's psycho," She said to herself before placing her hand around the doorknob. She opened the door to find a staircase that lead to a pit of darkness, "I'm so stupid for doing this," She told herself before beginning to walk down the stairs.

As Valerie did so, she began to hear Hope's distant cries, "Hope? Hope!" She called out loudly, but got no answer.

Without noticing, Valerie reached the end of the staircase and ended up falling into the darkness. She groaned in pain as she hit the ground. A few of her bones ended up breaking, but her werewolf side ended up allowing them to heal rapidly. She stood up, beginning to hear Hope's voice, "Why are you doing this to me?" She heard Hope cry out, "Okay, fine. Yes. I want to know about my dad. My family said that he must have died with love in his heart and she should've found peace. But how am I supposed to know if that's true? I need to know that he's not alone. Because I can't live with myself if he is alone. No one should ever have to be alone like this. Please."

"You're not alone, Hope," Valerie spoke up as she finally found her best friend kneeling on the ground with her face in her hands, "I'm here."

Hope immediately looked up, tears in her eyes, "Valerie?" She questioned and Valerie nodded, rushing over to Hope.

Valerie knelt next to Hope, immediately hugging her as she cried, "It's okay, Hope. I'm here." She assured her best friend.

Suddenly, the two girls heard footsteps, causing them to stand up and turn to see the Necromancer, "Oh, hey," He greeted the two girls with a wide grin on his face, "Look who decided to join the party."

"Don't 'hey' us," Hope told The Necromancer in an angered tone, "Get us out of here."

"With pleasure," He replied, snapping his fingers.

Both girls suddenly awoke with a gasp to find themselves back in the Necromancer's cell, "Oops," He spoke up with a smile on his face as he began to laugh, "Daddy's home."

Hope and Valerie sighed in defeat when they looked ahead to see Alaric not looking happy.

_____

"I mean, how could you be so reckless?" Alaric complained to the two girls as the three of them entered his office.

"It wasn't like you were getting anywhere," Valerie commented.

"And so the two of you took it upon yourself?" Alaric retorted with an attitude, "And how did that go?"

"Not well," Hope replied, not even bothering to lie about it.

"Yeah? Well, I have it under control, girls," Alaric told them sternly, causing Hope to scoff loudly.

"Oh, really?" Hope questioned him mocking as she walked over to his desk. She opened one of his drawers, taking out numerous bottles of bourbon, some empty, some full, "Then you want to explain this? Or this? Or anything else that would explain your utter lack of progress?"

"I am grieving, Hope!" Alaric shouted at Hope, "Maybe you and Val should try that sometime instead of pushing everyone away." He told her, causing Hope to laugh humorlessly, "Look, I am trying to protect the two of you. That thing is a master manipulator. It resurrected my fiancee, it raised a cemetery of zombies and it brought back Rafael's dead girlfriend, so let's just talk about the ways in which it could torment the two of you, starting with Hope's dead mother, Val's biological mother and father, ending with Hope's father, and how about all the ghosts of all the people that the two of you have killed together in between, huh? I can't believe you'd do this, Hope. And of course, you just had to drag Valerie down with you, just like you always do."

Valerie couldn't take any more Alaric blaming it all on Hope and immediately spoke up, her eyes glowing yellow for a split second, "Don't do that!" She shouted out angrily, "You don't like that we broke your rules as our headmaster? Fine, you can punish both of us. But don't you dare try to play the disappointed father role with us because you are not our father."

"Oh, I know that," Alaric replied as Valerie began to walk toward the door, dragging Hope with her, "And where are you two going?"

"To finish what we started, what do you think we're doing?" Valerie growled angrily as she roughly opened up the door.

"Like hell you are," Alaric told them sternly, about to follow them out.

Hope lifted her hands up, about to chant a spell, "Cloditay!" She spoke up loudly.

"Hope! Valerie!" Alaric shouted as the door closed in his face, spelled shut by Hope.

Hope and Valerie ignored Alaric calling after them and headed to the basement. They ended up passing Rafael, who gave them a concerned look when he saw how they were both fuming with anger.

They soon entered the cell room in the basement to see The Necromancer sitting in his chair, "Back for more?" He asked the two girls, a large grin on his face.

"Tell me where my father is," Hope demanded, walking closer to the bars of the cell.

"I will tell you everything you want to know, but wouldn't you like to hear about what I've just learned of Malivore first?" The Necromancer questioned them.