30

"Find anything yet?" Hope asked Dorian curiously as she and Valerie stood in front of him in the Stefan Salvatore Memorial Library while he sorted book.

"Necromancy is everywhere in occult literature," Dorian informed the two girls as he took a book out of the bookshelf, "It's a form of sorcery that dates back to Ancient Greece. It involves the ability to communicate with and raise the dead."

He glanced over at the two girls, climbing down the ladder after he got the certain book he was looking for, "But there's nothing about a specific necromancer, so whoever this dude is, he's been erased from history like every other monster that comes looking for the knife." He explained to them before walking toward another part of the library.

"Well, does there happen to be any way to stop him from bringing people back from the dead?" Valerie asked him concerned, "'Cause it's really starting to become a pretty big problem around here."

Dorian sighed as he turned to face her, "I'll look into it, but tomorrow's my day off, so it might take a minute," He informed the two girls.

"Evil never takes a holiday, Dorian," Hope commented, walking closer to him and Valerie.

"Well, every year on Remembrance Day, I do," Dorian paused, glancing at Valerie, "Your mother takes only half the day off and spends it with me. We write our letters, pack our lunches, and head to the cemetery and ring that bell together in honor of the people we have lost." He explained to them and Valerie couldn't help but give him a sympathetic look, "So for the next twenty-four hours, ask Dr. Saltzman."

"That's fair," Valerie replied, nodding her head in understanding, "But we're worried about him. Do you think he's okay?"

"I think after the week he's had, he needs a nap," Dorian commented, causing Valerie to smile slightly. He chuckled lightly, "And a therapist. But I guess that's why your mother hasn't left his side. Take these to him for me, would you?" He instructed, handing Valerie a pile of books that he thought could help with finding information on the necromancer, "Thanks."

"Thank you," Hope and Valerie thanked Dorian before leaving the library.

Hope and Valerie walked down the hallway and turned the corner to find Alaric and Ophelia still talking with Rafael and Cassie. Feeling as though they would be too busy to realize, Hope and Valerie shared a glance with each other before heading down to the Necromancer's cell.

The man inhaled deeply, catching the scent of both girls, "Ah," He sighed out before inhaling once more, "Ooh. The two of you have a powerful scent of death on you."

Valerie and Hope cautiously entered the area, Hope clutching onto the pile of books in her hand, "It's quite lovely, really," he commented, causing Valerie to roll her eyes at him.

"I'm not going to take that as a compliment, 'cause it's really not," Valerie replied quietly, "Hope and I thought maybe we could have a talk with you."

The Necromancer smiled and Hope lifted her hand up, using her magic to release him from his chains. He sighed out, standing up, "Such puny creatures dare to dalliance with the Almighty Necromancer?"

"We're hybrids," Valerie argued, "We're nothing close to 'Puny Creatures'."

Hope sighed, shaking her head at Valerie's comment, "Well, here's the thing," She began to tell him, "You don't exist."

"I won't fall for your mind games," He argued in disbelief.

"This isn't a game," Valerie argued back, "Let us lay it out for you. Your sorry ass died, you were in a dark place for what felt like an eternity, until, all of a sudden, you were pulled into the light with a singular unexplainable mission to retrieve a stupid knife."