9

"Now, our bus refugee, turns out, she's a pyromancer," Alaric informed the group

"Wait, what's a pyromancer?" Landon asked the group confused.

"A fire-breathing witch." Hope and Valerie said in unison, a shocked expression on both of their faces and Rafael couldn't help but let out a small laugh, seeing that both girls were proven wrong, "Ric, she wants the knife." Hope told him.

"Okay, well, where is it?" Alaric asked the four teenagers, both Hope and Valerie immediately turning to glance at Landon.

"I-I lost it in the woods. I was running around in circles all night looking for a place to hide," Landon informed the group.

"Okay, okay," Ophelia nodded her head in understanding, "Well, let's, uh, find it before she does, huh?"

Hope and Valerie shared a glance before following Alaric and Ophelia out of the root cellar, only to find the lady walking toward them, "We don't want any trouble." Alaric tried to tell her before the lady held out her hand, gesturing for the knife.

Her head snapped in the direction of Landon, causing Valerie to frown in concern, "What does she want?" Rafael asked concerned.

"I don't know," Landon replied nervously, clearly knowing something the others did not.

"Lan?" Rafael called out to his foster brother concerned.

"Maybe she wants the knife you said you don't have," Hope commented in a sarcastic tone as she turned to Landon, who seemed to be getting more nervous by the second.

The lady's eyes began to glow orange and Ophelia immediately knew fire was about to be coming out of her mouth, "Get back in the cellar!" She shouted at them, "Go, go, go!"

As fire blew through the air, the entire group ran back into the cellar to take shelter before they were burnt to a crisp.

"Where the hell is it?" Valerie shouted at Landon angrily as she walked toward him, holding out her hand.

"I'm sorry. I panicked," Rafael confessed as he took the knife from his jacket pocket.

Hope quickly rushed over, snatching the knife from his hands, a furious look on her face.

"What the hell, Landon?" Rafael sighed out.

Once getting down the stairs with Alaric, Ophelia turned to face the door, which had flames coming through it, "Adiuuatur." She chanted and the flames immediately extiguished, unable to get through any longer. She turned to the rest of the group, "Okay, let me tell you now that that spell is only a quick fix. It definitely won't last long."

"Alright, I need a cell phone." Alaric sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Take your pick," Landon commented, pointing to the barrel filled with treasures.