53

Back at the Salvatore School, in Alaric's office, the four girls still remained there, thinking up a plan, "So, what do we do now?" Lizzie asked Hope and Valerie curiously, clearly assuming they had the answer. They always did.

"Now..." Hope trailed off, letting out a large sigh, "We figure out a way to get our powers back, and we kick some paramilitary ass."

"Wait, Ophelia said not to do anything crazy," Josie pointed out to Hope and Valerie, who exchanged a look.

"The two of us defying my mother's orders isn't crazy. It's consistent and we've been doing it since the moment we learned how to talk." Valerie explained, only to frown as the door to Alaric's office opened.

The group turned their heads, only to see Burr opening the double doors to Alaric's office, "Well, at least we know where you stand," Burr commented.

Hope and Valerie immediately walked toward, standing in front of Josie and Lizzie, "You're damn right we do," Hope confidently spoke up, showing no fear toward the Triad man.

"You're not very scared of me, are you?" He asked Hope, looking to be a bit amused by it.

"Why should we be?" Valerie asked the man with an attitude, "You're just some psychopath who thinks hurting innocent kids is okay just because they were born different."

The man laughed humorlessly, lifting his hand up to reveal a gun, "Are you scared now?" He asked, pointing the gun at Valerie.

"That's your plan?" Hope asked, chuckling at the man, "You're gonna shoot a kid?"

"This guy would never harm a human child," The man pointed out to Hope, "You four, however..." He trailed off, loading the gun with bullets, "These bullets were formed from the mud of the Malivore pit and weaponized by Triad scientists. They can break the skin of any supernatural like a hot knife through butter. Fester. Infect them. Disintegrate them from the inside out."

"We don't know where the chalice is," Josie spoke up, clearly trying her hardest not to look scared, which she clearly was, unlike Hope and Valerie, who had gotten used to being threatened long ago.

"I believe you," Burr responded, nodding his head, "This is just for fun, really."

Burr lifted his gun up, pointing it at Valerie, "Eeny..." He trailed off, pointing it at Hope next, "Meeny..." He trailed off once more, pointing it at Lizzie, "miney..."

"Moe!" Lizzie spoke up, clenching her jaw in anger as she took a step toward the man since Josie would have been shot if she didn't.

Lizzie plan didn't end up working and as the man shot at her, Josie stepped in front of her sister, taking the bullet for her.

"Josie!" Valerie exclaimed worriedly, quickly catching the girl before she could hit the ground.

With Hope and Lizzie's help, Valerie helped gently place Josie on the ground as she yelled out in pain.

Her eyes widened in alarm, looking down to see that the bullet had shot her on the left side of her chest, just a few inches above her heart.

"It's okay, it's okay," Josie whispered softly to herself and the three girls.

Valerie turned her head, tears welled in her eyes as she glared at the man with an expression full of rage and hate. She got ready to stand up and attack the man, but before she could, she was snapped out of her murderous state as Josie lightly grabbed ahold of her wrist.

"Val," She spoke up weakly, her voice just above a whisper.

Valerie turned to Josie, who gave her a pleading look and shook her head in a way of telling Valerie not to do what she was planning to do, "Don't," She told Valerie softly, causing the girl to sigh in defeat.