46

After Valerie had been scolded by Ophelia for setting a girl on fire, she had gone back to Ophelia's room to sleep

After Valerie had been scolded by Ophelia for setting a girl on fire, she had gone back to Ophelia's room to sleep. Valerie was laying in Ophelia's bed, fast asleep when she began to toss and turn, clearly having a nightmare.

Ophelia walked over to her daughter in concern, hearing the mutterings of latin escaping the girl's lips. Ophelia placed her hand on Valerie's shoulder, trying to shake her awake, "Val. Val, wake up!" She called out to her.

Valerie let out a small cry, turning onto her side. Somehow, as she did so, her power were triggered, causing Ophelia to go flying across the room, into a bookshelf.

Ophelia hit the ground with a thud, causing her to groan in pain as she quickly recovered and stood up, "Ow," She muttered under her breath, watching as Valerie immediately sat up.

"Oh, my God!" Valerie gasped, her eyes wide in shock, "Mom, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yup, I'm fine," Ophelia assured Valerie, "Perks of having the healing factor of both a vampire and werewolf." She paused, walking closer to Valerie, "But what I'm more concerned about is what the hell's going on with you. Your powers are out of control."

Ophelia frowned, her eyes trailing down to Valerie's hand, "Where's your moonlight ring?" She asked in concern, her eyes wide in alarm.

Valerie quietly gasped, just before giving her mother a guilty look, "I lost it on the road trip," She confessed, "It's the reason I turned on the last full moon. It's okay, Mom. I can last without it."

Ophelia sighed, taking a seat next to Valerie, "You don't understand, Val," She spoke up in a stern tone, "You were born both a witch and werewolf. Just like I was. And during my teenage years growing up, I started to become overwhelmed with power. The werewolf side does something to your magic...It heightens it and the anger you have as a werewolf makes the magic you have uncontrollable. It's the reason I've been making you wear the moonlight ring; it had a certain spell placed on it to help your witch side as well. My family three hundred years ago didn't just make me immortal because they thought I could be the one to defeat the Mikaelsons, they did it to protect me from becoming overwhelmed with magic to the point of my death. If they hadn't placed the spell on me, I would have died before I reached the age of 21. But at the rate that you're going...I don't think we have until you're twenty one."

"Are you saying that if I don't find my moonlight ring, I'm going to die from my magic?" Valerie asked her mother in concern, causing Ophelia to avoid eye contact.

"That's not going to happen. I won't let it," Ophelia argued, "I'm going to try and find you another ring."

With that, Ophelia stood up and left the room. Once her mother was gone, Valerie began to think hard on the subject. There was no way her mother was going to kyanite stone in time. It took an entire year for Ophelia to find just one for Valerie last time. It was extremely rare nowadays. She was dying. And there wasn't a single thing she could do about.