38

All at once, the group of teenagers woke up with a gasp. Valerie and Hope immediately stood up, looking around for Ophelia, "Ophelia?" Hope called out at the same time that Valerie called out, "Mom?"

"Are we alive, dude?" MG asked concerned, "Did we win?"

"Hey, is everybody okay?" Rafael asked the group.

"You see any dead dream demons laying around?" Kaleb commented as he stood up.

In one of the hallways on the second floor, the Oneiroi made his way through until he reached a painting of the French Quarter on the hallway.

He turned his body to face it, swiping in his claw it. The painting was torn to pieces as it dropped to the ground. It revealed an opening in the hallway, which had a safe that said, "Mikaelson. New Orleans, LA." on it.

He ripped off the door to the safe, only to find the safe to be empty.

Ophelia suddenly walked down the hallway, a smirk on her face, "Hey, I drew that for Hope and my daughter," She mockingly complained, "Oh, wait. Did I tell Hope the wrong hiding place for the urn? Oops. My bad."

Ophelia growled, showing her hybrid face as she lunged for the Oneiroi. The Oneiroi also lunged for her, causing their bodies to collide as they began to fight.

In the gym, the group was still talking amongst themselves, "I grabbed the monster, like MG said," Hope spoke up, "But I have no clue if it worked or not."

"What I wanna know is where the hell's my mother?" Valerie complained loudly.

"She was in my dream," Hope informed her best friend, "And then, I don't know, she was gone."

Suddenly, the whole ceiling shook, causing the group to look up, "What's that?" Kaleb asked the group nervously.

"Wait, what was my mother doing in your dream?" Valerie asked Hope concerned.

Hope stayed silent for a long moment, not wanting to tell her best friend that her mother had died in her dream all because of something she had done.

"What do you think?" Hope told Valerie, starting to lie, "Being a total badass Alpha mom as she usually is."

"Can't say the same about Josie in my dream," Valerie muttered under her breath.

"Wait, what was Josie doing in your dream?" Rafael asked Valerie concerned, wanting to know why the girl Valerie used to love was in her nightmare.

Just then, the door to the school gym shattered to pieces as Ophelia was thrown in by the Oneiroi alongside her. The group of teenagers quickly jumped out of the way, not wanting to be caught in the crossfire.

"Hey, Ophelia was being a badass totally like this in my dream," Hope commented, for course, trying to lighten up the mood, even though she did the horrible job.

Ophelia stood up from the ground, standing face to face with the Oneiroi, who spread out its wings and growled.

As all of the teens were about to fight, Ophelia spoke up and said, "Stay back, kids. I can handle this," She told them and all of them immediately obeyed.

Ophelia growled, jumping into the air about ten feet before tackling the Oneiroi to the ground, beginning to straddle it.

The Oneiroi grabbed Ophelia by the neck and she choked as she started to slash the Oneiroi's chest with her claws.

"Ophelia, go for the eyes!" Alaric shouted out as he entered the room, causing Ophelia to glance at him before turning back to the Oneiroi.

She allowed the claws on her thumb to grow larger before she dugs them into the Oneiroi's eyes, causing the whole group to cringe in disgust, just before the Oneiroi disappeared into a cloud of smoke.