36

It was the middle of the night and Ophelia couldn't fall asleep. She was walking down the hallway when she heard a familiar scream. It belonged to Pedro, one of the younger boys she had recruited. If she were to be honest, she was the reason Alaric and Caroline were able to find so many students.

Not just because she tracked them, but numerous students at the school and their parents were more than willing to send them to the Salvatore school, knowing that one of the head teachers happened to be a tribrid and the famous former queen of New Orleans.

The witches were happy since she was a powerful witch, the vampires were happy since she was the last vampire that came from none of the sirelines, and the wolves were happy since she used to be Crescent Pack Alpha and was the last Lebonair besides Hope.

Ophelia vamp sped to the room that Pedro resided in. She opened the door and entered to see all of the other kids were trying to get him to calm down.

"Pedro!" Ophelia rushed over to him, cupping his face with her hands as he continued to scream, "Hey, look at me. Look at me," She ordered and Pedro finally looked her in the eye as he began to calm down, "Just breathe. It's okay. It was only a dream."

She hugged him tightly and Pedro panted for breath, still worked up over the dream, "There was a monster. She...She was wearing something over her face. She had these long fingers...She told me--" He began to stammer and Ophelia cut him off.

"It was just a dream," She assured him in a calm tone. But she knew it was a lie. She had seen that same lady that night in her own dream. That was the reason she was walking around the school in the first place; To stay awake.

Flashback; Earlier that night

In Ophelia's dream, Ophelia slowly walked into the compound, only to see Klaus in the middle of fighting Mikael, of all people. Klaus struggled to get the white oak stake that Mikael was holding out of the man's hand.

As Ophelia ran forward to save him, Klaus was suddenly stabbed in the heart with it, "No!" She screamed, running forward to save him.

Mikael sped away as Ophelia knelt next to Klaus, who only began to burn, "Ophelia, I love--" Klaus began to say, but was soon fully desiccated, causing her to cry out.

"No, no, no!' She cried out, backing up before the flames covering his body could touch her, "This isn't real. This isn't real!"

"You're right," A voice suddenly said, causing Ophelia to turn her head to see a lady wearing a black veil walking toward her, "I can take the pain away. Just bring me what I want."

"You're the new monster," Ophelia realized, her eyes wide, "This is a dream..." She trailed off, trying to figure out how to get out of the dream, "And I think I know how to get out of it."

Ophelia allowed her claws to grow on both hands, just before slashing her stomach.

In the real world, Ophelia gasped as she sat up from her bed. She glanced around, realizing she was right. It was all a right.

______

In the main room, Alaric stood in front of all of the students that attended the Salvatore Schoo, "Yesterday, I came into possession of another Malivore artifact," He informed the students, "It was my hope to find a method of containment before it signaled another monster, but given the emergency meeting I've just called, I'm sure you can guess how well that went."