47

While everyone was setting up for the Pageant, Valerie and Penelope ended up being called into a private room by Lizzie alongside Hope and Josie, "I'm withdrawing from Miss Mystic Falls," Lizzie informed the group, causing a small smile to form on...

While everyone was setting up for the Pageant, Valerie and Penelope ended up being called into a private room by Lizzie alongside Hope and Josie, "I'm withdrawing from Miss Mystic Falls," Lizzie informed the group, causing a small smile to form on Valerie's lips, "Effective immediately."

"I thought you had something important to tell us," Valerie spoke up, sounding a bit happier than she should have been, "This seems like the opposite."

"Come for the underwhelming announcement, stay for the epic meltdown." Penelope commented, causing Valerie to smile even wider and shake her head.

"Okay, wait, why are you quitting?" Josie asked her twin sister concerned.

"A personal issue with one of the judges," Lizzie informed the group of girls, "A direct result of that bitch Dana's sabotage."

"She's dead, Lizzie." Hope reminded Lizzie with a horrified look on her face."

"Correction: that dead bitch Dana's sabotage." Lizzie corrected herself, leading to Valerie quietly scoffing, "Costing me the crown from beyond the grave. The head judge is her mother. The town pharmacist. There is always next year for me. But that does not mean that we here at the Salvatore School shouldn't bring home the title and stick it to those townies. So, I have studied all of the stats and advanced metrics, and I have chosen a replacement."

Valerie turned to Josie, who had a smile on her face when she assumed that she was the candidate.

"Hope Mikaelson." Lizzie suddenly said, causing Valerie to frown at her.

"You're fucking joking, right?" Valerie suddenly blurted out, causing the group to turn to her, including Josie, who gave her a somewhat sad look as Valerie kept her eyes fixed on her as she spoke, "You are unbelievable, Lizzie."

Before leaving, Valerie glared at Lizzie, just before fleeing the scene.

Hope frowned in confusion, wondering why Valerie was so upset, "What the hell is going on with her lately? She's been extra bitchy."

"Tell me about it," Lizzie commented with an eye roll, "Every time she's been near me, she's insulted me. It's probably Because she and Raf broke up."

"You people are unbelievable," Penelope spoke up, causing the group to turn to her, "Valerie and I were practically enemies our entire lives up until recently, yet I was able to figure out something was wrong with her before any of you. Stop assuming things and actually ask her what's wrong. Before it's too late."

Penelope scoffed, glaring at the group before following after Valerie.

_____

In the main room, Josie was prepping for the rehearsal dance when Valerie walked over, a smile on her, "Whatever you're up to, Val, I'm not interested," Josie complained to the girl, "And don't you think your presence alone is a huge win for the patriarchy?"