48

(AN: Haha Jk one more chapter.)

 After drinking a whole bottle of Champagne with Landon, Valerie quickly got dressed and styled her hair for the Pageant before she headed to the main room that the pageant was being held in

Stumbling a bit since she was still a bit drunk, Valerie ended up accidentally bumping into the couple standing behind Josie, "Whoops. My bad," She apologized, quietly laughing before standing beside Josie, who looked almost annoyed to see her.

"You are like a lingering cough today," Josie insulted Valerie in an annoyed tone.

"Hey, I told MG he could be your escort again. Not my fault he's M.I.A," Valerie told Josie with a smile on her face, "Now, I guess you're just stuck with me."

As the spotlight shined on them, Valerie and Josie locked arms before they began to walk down the staircase, "Riddle me this, Josie Saltzman. How does you losing everything help Hope win?" Valerie asked Josie, "I would think you would have gone on a different path than I did."

"I'm the fall girl," Josie informed Valerie in a tone that clearly stated that she didn't care about what she was doing at all, "I had to make it into contention to this point, the final event, so I could take a literal fall and take out Hope's closest competitor."

"Are you serious right now?" Valerie asked Josie in disbelief, only to have the Saltzman girl nod her head in response, "Josie, you are so much better than that. I know Lizzie doesn't think that you can win, but I do."

Josie turned to look at Valerie. As she stared at her directly in the eyes, clearly wanting to listen to Valerie, "I know you can win." She whispered to Josie, a small smile on her face, "You deserve to walk down those steps with your head held high, just like your mom did."

Just then, the spotlight shined on them, causing Josie to look away from Valerie, "Miss Josette Saltzman, escorted by Miss Valerie Rose."

As the crowded applauded, the two girls smiled and walked down the stairs together. Josie couldn't help but laugh in excitement, happy about Valerie's advice. She clearly wanted to go through with it. Not what Lizzie told her to do.

Josie's face fell when she turned to Lizzie, who gave her a demanding look. She stopped smiling and turned to Valerie, a sad look on her face, "I'm sorry, but I have to," She apologized to her quietly, just before causing herself to fall down the stairs.

Valerie stopped smiling and shook her head in disapproval as she watched Josie fall on top of the couple in front of her.

Josie sat up and Valerie walked over to her. She looked up at Valerie, expecting the girl to help her up.

Valerie looked down at Josie, tears threatening to spill from her eyes, "What are you gonna do when I'm not here to fight for you, Josie? What are you going to do when I'm dead?" She asked Josie, trying her hardest not to cry in front of her.