5 | A Painful Past

Flashback

"Grandma!" Hyunjin cried as he shouted to his grandmother.

"Oh goodness! What happened?" His grandmother approached him.

Hyunjin pointed his knee that has scratches and is bleeding.

"Let's go inside and treat your wound." His grandmother said while she grabbed his hand and led him to the living room.

"Stay there and I'll get the medical kit." His grandmother said.

Hyunjin sat there, crying quietly because his grandmother comforted him.

His grandmother came back with the medical kit on her hands. She took out the cotton and alcohol. When the alcohol was applied to the cotton. Hyunjin backed out. His grandmother laughs.

"No! That will hurt!" Hyunjin whined out.

"You're a good boy right? And it will not hurt, trust me." His grandmother smiled at him while applying the alcohol to his knee, making him hiss trough the pain.

After his grandmother was finished. She applied the band-aid and patted it lightly.

"There. Don't play to rough Hyunjin. Have fun!" His grandmother smiled at him as he ran outside.

"Thank you grandma!" He said as he waved at her.

When Hyunjin was done playing, he went back inside to eat because he was hungry. When he walked to the kitchen, he saw his grandmother cooking soup, his favorite.

"Oh hello Hyunjin! You're done playing?" Hyunjin nodded in response.

"Wait for me in the dining area. This soup is almost done."

Hyunjin ran at the dining table and he sat on one of the chairs.

After 10 minutes, the soup is ready and ready to eat. They sat and served themselves the soup.

While they we're eating, Hyunjin noticed that his grandmother is holding her head.

"Grandma... sometging wrong?"

"No-nothing! Just eat your soup."

Hyunjin trusted his grandmother and continued eating.

Few seconds later, his grandmother collapsed. Leaving Hyunjin panicking.

Hyunjin called his uncle to come and send his grandmother to the hospital.

The ambulance arrived and they drove to the nearest hospital.

His grandmother was sent at the emergency room and Hyunjin and his uncle with his wife was blocked because they are not allowed to be inside

After an hour the doctor came out with a sad face.

"Doctor! What happened to my mother?"

"I'm sorry Mr.Hwang but she is dead."

Hyunjin was shocked and in despair. He can't believe it.

"No...NO! My grandmother." Hyunjin cried out loudly. His uncle and his wife tried to calm him down but it was no use. Hyunjin is deeply hurt inside.

"We just found out that she was ill from a severe disease that can cause death easily."

"Why... why didn't she told us?" Now all of the three are crying because of the sudden events that happened.

That was the first day that Hyunjin felt loneliness and emptiness. Sure there was his uncle and his aunt but it was lacking for him.

He grew old and older until his uncle and his aunt decided for him to live alone. He didn't even bother because he understood them that he must live independently.

*end of flashback*

"You complete me. I don't want you to be gone." Hyunjin pecked Seungmin's forehead and joined him to sleep.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Ayooo! The flashback is finished. This story has a long way to go and I will try my best to update frequently! School sucks sometimes because of many jammed up works.

Please stay tuned and support this book if you adored it! It's really appreciated.