Deep Conversations

Odell
I rolled over to my phone ringing I groaned and grabbed it not even checking the caller i.d. to see who was calling once I heard that soft voice I knew who it was we talked briefly before we hung up. My phone pinged I looked down seeing Brielle address she really didn't go into much detail on what's going on with her. I walked over to my dresser I grabbed a t-shirt and sweats I threw it on I grabbed my beanie off of my dresser and put it on I walked into my closet getting my slides and jacket. I walked back over to my dresser I picked up my wallet along with my car keys. I walked over to my bed and unplugged my phone. I walked out of my room bumping into my mama.

"Where you going baby boy?"

"Brielle called me and told me to come over."

"Did she say why?"

"Nah she didn't but by the tone in her voice I know something else is wrong."

My mama nodded earlier I had told my mama about Brielle grandma passing and she gave me some advice on how to be there for her as a friend.

"Okay I'm tired so you head out."

"You okay mama?"

"Yeah baby."

I grabbed my mama hands.

"Kordell is fine mama stop watching him sleep."

"I just don't want it to happen again."

"It won't."

My mama nodded I kissed her forehead then I made my way down the stairs.

About 45 minutes later I pulled up to Brielle apartment complex I got out and locked my car doors I walked up to she had called the guard to let him/her know I was coming. I walked over to the stairway and opened the door going up the six flight of stairs. I finally made it to Brielle door I knocked on her door seconds later she opened the door with red puffy eyes.

"Thank you coming I know it's late."

"No problem," I said as I walked in.

We walked into her living room and sat down. I removed my coat since Brielle heat was blasting.

"What's wrong?"

"My mom is an evil woman."

"Why you say that?"

"Because she is from the day I decided to not be a lawyer and to become a nurse she just changed I get treated like trash and I'm the only child that she have."

"She treat you differently because you wanted to be a nurse?"

"Yep her dream was for me to follow her footsteps but I wanted to follow my dreams which I did I don't get motherly hugs from her, she stopped saying she love me, when I call her I get her voicemail, when I graduated from college she wasn't there nothing I did she wasn't there."

"Damn."

"I finally got her to answer her phone today and she told me that she hates me, wish I would get into a car accident and die, she wished she would've had an abortion. What mother says that to their only child only because the child wanted to follow their dreams not what she wanted."

I was speechless I looked at Brielle as she bit her lip holding back tears.

"She tried to clean out my banking account today I had got notified by bank so I had to change banks today."

"Don't let her and what she's saying to you affect your life," I said finally speaking.

"How can I not?"