Date Night Or Not

Brielle
Odell and I made our way downstairs with the twins we walked over to the door and opened it seeing Cj, my dad and Tyra. We stepped aside and let them in Odell closed the door and then we walked into the living room behind them. We sat Braelyn and Braxton in their play pin. I picked up the care instructions for Cj off of the coffee table and handed it to him.

"Everything you need to know about how to take care of the twins is on the paper."

"Don't call us unless you can't take it anymore."

"Okay but it says I need to warm up their bottles with the bottle warmer how I do that?"

"It's already set all you have to do is press start."

"Okay wait so it formula?"

"No they still have some breast milk left so that's what you'll be using it's enough to last you until we come back."

"But what if they drink it all?"

"They're not we're only going be gone for a couple hours they already ate so in about an hour or two you can feed them again."

"Okay."

Cj continued to read the list.

"Remember to call us if you need us."

"Will do."

We all walked out of the house and getting into our vehicles Keon left an hour ago so he'll be home soon.

"Babe do you think that Calvin is going to propose to Tyra tonight," Odell asked.

"I'm not sure but I hope so they've been together for a while now."

"Right."

My phone dinged I looked down seeing that Taliyah wants to have a girls day tomorrow and I responded back to her letting her know that I'm down.

"We gotta send out the invitations."

"How are we going to send out invitations when we can't agree on a date or location?"

"How about June 4, 2020 and in Hawaii," Odell suggested.

"So now you want to go with the date I chose?"

"Yep."

I shook my head at Odell."

"We spent a month going back and forth about the date when you could've just went with June 4th the first time now we have 6 months to get everything booked not planned since I've been doing that."

"Okay I'll be on it."

"You better."

"Trust me baby I will."

My phone went off I looked down seeing the hospital I let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"I need to go to the hospital."

"For what?"

Before I could respond we was stopped because of an accident.

"That's why."

I hopped out and rushed over to the scene to see if I can help in any way I can. After getting cleared by an officer I rushed over to the scene and helped out an EMT by checking the other person vitals.

"Excuse me ma'am-," I cut the EMT off by turning towards her.

"It's me Teisha."

"Sorry Nurse Brielle I never seen you out of uniform."

"It's fine her vitals are 145/98 pulse is 78 we need to get her to the hospital right away."

Two other EMTs rushes over to me and placed the woman on the gurney and she started shaking.

"She's having a seizure roll her over on her side," we rolled her over.

A few minutes it passed and I checked her pulse again.

"Pulse is very low get her to the ER now."

They nodded and rushed over to the ambulance I continued to make my way through the scene. So much for date night.

Taliyah
I had gotten a page from the hospital telling me to come in and I rushed and got dressed and headed to the hospital. I walked in the triage room seeing Brielle on top of a patient while holding her stomach.

"What we got?"

"28 week old woman was thrown through the windshield and she's bleeding out from her stomach," a nurse called out.

"Let's get her up to the OR right away Nurse Brielle do not move," I spoke.

"Wasn't going to anyways."

"Let's try and save this mother and baby," I spoke.

Everyone nodded and we wheeled the patient out of triage and over to the elevator.

"Dr. Powell are you good?"

"Yes."

Brielle nodded I'm currently 6 months pregnant so I get why Brielle had asked was I okay right now I can't get emotional I gotta save both of my patients now later it's going to be a different story.

Once we got up to the operating room I placed my surgical mask on then I scrubbed and dried my hands I walked into the OR room and a scrub nurse placed my gloves on along with my light headset.

"Okay Nurse Brielle you can step down I got it from here."

Brielle nodded and got off of the patient she removed her hands and blood rushed out I lapped up what I could before I start the emergency cesarean.

"Page Dr. Thomas from the NICU please," I spoke out.

Once I deliver this baby he/she needs to be taken up to the NICU while I save the mom.

Odell
So much for date night we're going to have to reschedule I walked into the emergency room looking for Brielle I spotted her and walked up to her she looked at me and smiled.

"I'm sorry babe but I'm needed here."

"No need to explain baby you got it."

"Where's my dad?"

"Hey have Tyra made it here," Mr. Calvin spoke.

"She didn't ride with you."

"Nah she hopped out as soon as she saw you hop out and went to help she's a Peds surgeon."

"Got a 6 year old with a broken leg and possibly pelvis and nose I need a room clear,"I heard Tyra scream.

"There she is."

Dr. Bailey walked up to us.

"Dr. Bailey I need you to grant Dr. Parker privileges to work here we need all hands on deck," Brielle spoke.

"Is she a surgeon or a nurse?"

"Peds surgeon."

"Privileges granted Nurse Brielle I need you with me in OR 3."

"Yes ma'am."

Brielle kissed me then she walked over to tell Tyra that she has privileges to work tonight then she followed Dr. Bailey upstairs me and Calvin looked at each other then sat down and just waited we didn't have anything else to do and going home wasn't an option I want to see how long can Cj handle the twins by hisself without calling.