Power of Attorney

Odell
Bri, Mr. Calvin and the doctor walked out of the room that they was in the doctor walked away while Bri and Mr. Calvin walked over to me, Cj, and Keon.

"What's going on dad?"

He shook his head and walked in the same direction the doctor walked in Cj and Keon stood up and followed behind him. Bri sat next to me still looking in shock I grabbed her hand causing her to look up at me.

"What happened Bri?"

"My mom is in a coma the doctor doesn't know when she's going to wake up or if she's going to wake up."

"Okay what else was said?"

"Before they went into the operating room they brought her back and she told the doctor her lawyer's name and phone number then they had to incubate her."

"Okay," I said for Bri to continue on.

"Dr. Michaels called her lawyer and her lawyer then explained everything that my mom instructed her to do in a time like this."

Bri sighed and let my hand go she rubbed her hands up and down her pants.

"In a time like what Bri?"

"Her being unable to think or make decisions for herself personal and business wise."

"Sounds like-," Bri cut me off.

"Yes she made me Power of Attorney all of the decisions that have to be made over her personal life and business side is made by me and if anything happens to me then my dad becomes the power of attorney for the both of us. The lawyer also said that if my mom dies then she'll discuss my moms' will with me."

"I'm going to be by your side and help you make the right decisions."

Bri looked at me like I was crazy.

"No O I can't let you do that we're not even together."

"We're not together yet Bri but we will be plus you're going to need me by your side."

"Okay," Bri said giving in.

"Are you going to go see your mom?"

Bri shook her head no.

"And why not?"

"Even though she's been putting me through hell I can't see her like that I mean I saw it before when I was 15 the only difference is she wasn't in a coma."

"I think that you still should go and see her."

Bri sighed she stood up and I stood up behind her. We walked in the same direction Calvin, Cj and Keon walked in we walked over to the elevator Bri pressed the up button.

"O my mama wasn't honest with us."

"What you mean?"

"Her cancer been came back but it progressed into stage 4."

"Damn."

Bri nodded the elevator doors dinged and opened we stepped on and she pressed the 4th floor. 

"Dr. Michaels said it have reached her kidneys."