Could've Been

Brielle
O stared at me waiting to say what I had to say.

"Okay so years ago my dad and auntie used to go together."

"The hell."

"Yep my auntie and dad used to date years ago before I was even thought about."

"Why did they breakup?"

"My auntie acting career took off and my dad didn't want to be known as Gabrielle Union husband so he broke up with her and started dating my mom."

"That's just nasty."

"I said the same thing when my dad told me the story."

"They're last names is different though."

"Different dads."

"Yeah so my life could've been different if my dad would've stayed with my auntie Gabrielle she could've been my mom and if things didn't work out between the two of them then my uncle Dwayne would've been my dad and not my uncle."

"When did you learn this information?"

"When I was 18 my dad sat me down and told me everything."

"Wow."

"I know."

"That's crazy."

"Trust me I know and if he would've stayed with my aunt I would've never been treated the way that I was being treated."

"You're right about that."

"Everyone on my dad's side know how the way Sydney has been treating me and they really don't like her at all I'm the nicest person you'll ever meet and yet I got treated like shit."

"And she's getting her karma for it."

"You're right."

"I know I am."

Cj and Keon came in the kitchen.

"So what's for dinner?"

"I ordered pizza and wings."

"Oh okay."

"Y'all had sex yet?"

"Keon why would you say that."

"Because Odell came down here fast as hell when you tried to commit suicide and he haven't left yet."

"No Keon me and Bri haven't had sex and she was on the phone with me when everything happened."

"How did y'all meet?"

"We first me when his brother Kordell was admitted to the hospital and he thought I was incapable of doing my job because I had a pretty face and nice body."

"So he judged you at first."

"Mhmm he did."

"Then the next day she showed up to my accounting firm looking for an accountant she came before the firm opened and was stuck with me as being her accountant. I did apologize for judging her."

"The more we talked and hung out we became friends and feelings started to develop."

"So y'all dating now?"

"Not yet Cj everything takes time."

He nodded the doorbell rung Keon and Cj rushed out of the kitchen going to get the pizza and wings I shook my head.

"How long are you going to be here O?"

"Just a few more days then I'm off to Baton Rouge to spend time with my family for Thanksgiving and I'll be there until after Christmas."