Wrong Crowd

Odell
I had just laid Braelyn back in her bassinet when Brielle phone started ringing I grabbed and answered the call. After talking with the nurse I hung up the phone and shook my head I walked over to Brielle and shook her awoke.

"Hmm what's wrong?"

"The hospital just called."

"Why what happened?"

"Cj is in critical condition."

"What why?"

"He got shot."

Brielle jumped up out of the bed and rushed over to the closet and I followed behind him.

"Did the say how many times he got shot?"

"Nah."

Brielle nodded and got dressed.

"I'll stay here with the twins."

"Okay."

"Call and keep me updated."

"I will."

Brielle grabbed her purse and walked out of the closet and I followed behind her. I walked down the stairs behind her we walked over to the garage door I unlocked the door and opened it for Brielle. She unlocked her car doors I opened the door for her and she got in I kissed Brielle and closed the door I then walked over to the garage switch and opened the garage for her. She started up her car and backed out of the garage I closed the garage door back and made my way back inside of the house.

Braxton I heard Braxton crying I made my way upstairs to our room while sending a prayer for Cj hoping that he pulls through. I walked into the room and picked Braxton up then I walked out of the room going down the stairs and to the kitchen.

Few hours later

I woke up to sniffing I opened my eyes seeing Brielle laying on top of me while crying.

"What's wrong?"

"Cj barely made it but he's here."

"Did you talk to him?"

"Yeah and he apologized he started hanging with the wrong crowd and he got shot in the stomach."

"Damn."

"I wanted to knock his ass out for scaring us like that but I decided against it."

"You should've."

There was a knock at the door and Keon walked in.

"Woah what y'all going on?"

"You can come in Keon," Brielle spoke as she climbed off of me.

"How was your date?"

"It was good got a second date next weekend."

We both nodded.

"Why you been crying Bri?"

"Cj got shot."

"What!? Is he okay?"

"Yeah he's good."

"Why y'all didn't wake me up?"

"We didn't think about it I rushed out as soon as O told me."

"Oh okay well I cooked breakfast."

"Skrrrt wait you cooked breakfast," Brielle asked.

"Yeah and no I didn't burn anything down I actually took my time."

"Okay."

Me and Brielle grabbed Braxton and Braelyn then we made our way downstairs heading towards the kitchen. We walked into the kitchen seeing the breakfast spread that Keon had prepared we placed Braxton and Braelyn in their swings and strapped them in we washed our hands I said a prayer over the food. Then we went into the kitchen cabinets and got our plates and glasses down I fixed Brielle plate while she sat down.

Cj
I should've listened to my pops about my friends who I started hanging with but nah I didn't want to listen now I'm in the hospital bandaged up. The door opened and Layla walked in she looked at me with her arms folded.

"You should've listened to me and Mr. Calvin and you wouldn't be up in here."

"I know," I groaned.

"How you feeling?"

"Aight."

Layla nodded and walked over to bed and sat next to me in the chair.

"Did Bri come up here?"

"Yeah and I can tell she wanted to knock me out."

"She should've."

"I owe her an apology though."

"Why?"

"Because of how the way I be treating her sometimes."

"And how is that?"

"Like shit."

"I thought you two were close?"

"Nah when we found out that my pops had an older child I was pissed and automatically didn't like her and I didn't even know her. Then we met I was aight for a lil while until she had to watch me and Keon and I thought she was trying to discipline us I told her she need to stop acting like my mama cause she's not."

I let out a sigh as I thought back to all of the horrible things I said to Brielle out of spite.

"Wow."

"I done said shit horrible than that to Bri that I shouldn't have said but I said it anyways."

"Have you had a chance to talk to her about it?"

"Nah I haven't but I need to cause her and Keon are really close."

There was another knock at the door and Keon walked in."

"Wassup lil bitch nigga."

"Asswipe."

We dapped and hugged.

"Bri or O out in the waiting room?"

"Nah I drove here myself."

"With what car?"

"Bri bought me a Audi."

"What?"

"Bri bought me an Audi her and O took me yesterday they said they're tired of driving me around and it's time for me to get my own whip."

"Why she bought you an Audi and not me?"

"Bro you got your own car and plus you and Bri relationship isn't in a good place right now."

"I know."

"You owe her a big apology what you said the other day wasn't okay."

"You heard me?"

"Yeah I heard you."

I palmed my face and let out a sigh.

We continued to talk and I thought about everything I said to Brielle the other day cause she was telling me about myself which I needed to hear but at the time I didn't want to hear about it. I know she haven't told Odell what I said but when she do he's going to kick my ass then my pops is going to kick my ass next cause I didn't tell him what I said to Brielle and I know she haven't told him yet cause if she did he would've been on my ass as soon as I came to. I need to prepare myself mentally for these two ass whoopings I got coming my way.