To Rest

2 weeks later—December 1, 2018

Brielle
I applied my lipstick and looked at myself in the mirror and let out a sigh. I grabbed my pendant necklace and put it around my neck. There was a knock at my door and my dad walked in. Can't believe I'm about to lay my mom's body to rest.

"You ready sweetcake?"

"Yeah."

I stood up and grabbed my purse and phone I placed my phone in my purse and walked over to my daddy.

"You good?"

"I will be," I smiled lightly.

"I'll take that for now."

My daddy kissed my forehead then we walked down the hall and down the stairs. We walked outside where all of my family stood Liyah spotted me she walked up to me and we hugged.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay."

"Have you heard from Odell?"

"I sort of been ignoring him since he left."

"Why?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Missing him."

"Like crazy."

"I miss you too."

I looked passed Liyah seeing Odell and Shawn.

"I'll let you two talk

"I'll let you two talk."

Liyah walked over to Shawn and Odell walked up to me. I looked up at him and he pulled me into a hug.

"Short self."

"You like it," I said as we pulled away.

"I've been calling you and texting you and you haven't answered."

"I know and I'm sorry I was sulking from you leaving and copping with my mom's death."

"You talked with your counselor?"

"Yeah she did a home visit here with me last week."

"Oh okay."

The funeral director arrived and O wrapped one of his arms around me. The funeral director greeted us then Pastor Stevens walked up and said a prayer. The funeral director told us who's riding in the family car of course me, my dad, and my brothers are in the first car. My aunts and uncles are in the second and third car.

"O you riding in the car with me?"

"Yeah I told you that I was going to be by your side through all of this and I'm keeping my word."

I nodded I intertwined my hand with O then we walked to the first family car. The driver opened the door I got in with O right behind me. Once everyone in the driver closed the door and walked around to the driver side and got in.