One Parent Not Two

Brielle
O pulled back up to my dad's house he shut his car off and looked at me.

"Today was fun."

"Today was more than fun it was amazing."

"Yeah it was."

"You really didn't have to take me shopping O."

"It's nothing."

"But I have scrubs already."

O bought me some new scrubs the exact same color as the ones the cast of Grey's Anatomy wear because as we was eating I expressed to O on how much I love Grey's Anatomy and the color of their scrubs he insisted on buying me the exact same scrubs. Plus he bought me other stuff that he wouldn't let me look at.

"Okay and?"

"You got it O."

"I know I do."

O got out I shook my head and took my seatbelt off O opened the door and I got out O closed the door then popped his trunk getting the bags out and closed his trunk.

"Lead the way beautiful."

I blushed and shook my head we walked up to the door I opened the door and walked inside getting greeted by Keon.

"What's wrong Keon you look irritated?"

"That's because I am irritated the lady that gave birth to you is here."

"What is she doing here?"

"Beats me big sis."

Cj came in looking irritated too.

"Keon told you that the She-Devil is here?"

"He did."

"Well she won't leave until have a talk."

I rolled my eyes.

"Y'all go upstairs."

"Ima go too."

"You don't have to O?"

"Yes I do it's family business and I'm sure your brothers have questions for me."

Cj and Keon both smirked.

"We do."

"Okay."

They walked upstairs I closed the front door I let out a sigh and walked into the kitchen. My daddy looked at me and smiled slightly.

"Hey babygirl you're back."

"Yes sir."

"Where's Odell?"

"He's upstairs with Cj and Keon."

"Oh okay."

I sat next to my daddy looking at the woman who gave birth to me.

"Hey Brielle."

"Sydney."

"I um deserve that."

"You deserve a lot more for how you been treating me."

"About that I'm so sorry for treating you the way I have been over the past couple years and wishing death on you."

I squinted my eyes at her.

"I don't believe you."

"I'm being truthful."

I shook my head still not believing her.

"You're not being truthful you're just trying to rid your conscious of the guilt you're feeling because I almost liked to took my life because of what you said to me and been saying to me for the past 7 years."