Chapter 4

Literally I was completely frozen. I'm not usually an unlucky person, but I felt like it then.

"Vanessa?"

The boys were at my job. They were at. my. job. Literally the likely-hood of this happening was a million to none but of course it would happen when I'm covered in avocado toast and smell like organic green tea.

"Uhm.. hey... guys."

"Do you work here?"-Zion

"Uhm.. yea.. yea I do. What are ya'll doing here?"

"We got just got done with an interview and wanted to swing by and grab some lunch."-Austin

"Oh.. uh that's.. cool.."

"You okay, Vanessa?"-Brandon

"Yea, you look a little... pale."-Edwin

'Yea.. yea sorry... I'm uhm.. just tired... you know crazy night, long hours makes for a tired girl."

* Crazy night, long hours... yes Vanessa please be more awkward. No, really keep it up you're not embarrassing yourself at all.*

"Haha, yea."-Nick

"Haha.. yea."

There was a VERY VERY VERY awkward silence, for what felt like eternity.

"So are you gonna take our drink orders..?"- Brandon

"Oh my gosh, yes. I'm so sorry."

"You're fine."-Brandon

"What can I get you guys?"

"I'll have a Pepsi."-Austin

"Coke."-Nick

"Water."-Edwin

"Water."-Zion

"I'll take a water too."-Brandon

"Sure thing, I'll bring those out for you guys."

I kind of slowly walked through the door and then darted to the back as soon as I was out of sight of the guys. Luckily, I ran into Reese.

"Reese, please can I take my break."

"I thought you were covering table 7."

"Something came up and I need to take my break now."

"Like what?"

"Uhm.. I need to get tampons."

"Oh.. uh.. yea go-go take care of that. But your gonna have to get someone to cover that table for you."

"Okay, thanks."

Kyle walked into the back room when I finished talking to Reese.

"Thank God it's you, Kyle."

Kyle was one of my coworkers at Toast. We had like this off and on relationship for a little bit when I first moved here. We kind of both mutually agreed that we just worked better as friends and it kind of just stuck that way. Sure we flirt here and there but nothing substantial.

"Wow, you haven't been this excited to see me since when we were dating."

"Haha, very funny. I need you to cover my table for me while I take my break."

"Which table?"

"Table 7."

"Fine."

"Thank you, you're a saint."

"Yea, yea."

I quickly took off my apron and snuck out through the back door. You're probably wondering why I'm trying to AVOID the boys when I literally was trying to do everything in my power to run INTO them last night. Well, you see I didn't actually think that the day would come that I would meet my favorite people on the face of this planet, so a girl was kind of taken back when they showed up at MY JOB. Usually, I'm not a anti-social person but I didn't really picture meeting prettymuch smelling like a plant and my hair in a bun. I just had to give Kayla a call and talk it out with someone or I was gonna lose my mind.