Chapter 46

Hi guys! So this chapter is pretty emotional so I added another song to create the tone of what I thinking Nessa would be feeling. I cued you guys in with a message of when to start the song. This is not end! Enjoy!

We both kept looking at each other, waiting for the other to break the silence.

"Hey."

"H-Hey. Uhm.. Look, Zion. I-I have to, I-I can't really talk right now."

"We need to talk."

"What-What do you mean?"

"You know what I'm talking about, Nessa."

"Nick said he didn't tell you."

"What?'

"He said you didn't know."

"What are you talking about?"

"I-I uhm.."

"Nessa, what was Nick not supposed to tell me."

This was the longest elevator ride of my life. Why did this place have 20 floors? I looked up at the electric screen and we were hitting floor 8. All I needed was to stall for 8 more floors...right? Zion noticed my eyes and rushed passed me and hit the stall button.

"Zion!"

"Answer the questions, Nessa."

"I..."

"Nessa, what happened?"

I felt my heart start to beat really fast, and my throat start to close. I glanced at the buttons and rushed to hit the stall button again.

"Nessa!"

"I-I... Look..."

I looked back at the screen and we had 5 more floors. As I looked back down, Zion hit the stall button again.

"Zion, stop!"

"Nessa, what are you not tell me?"

"Nothing...it's nothing!"

I hit the stall button again.

"What happened with Nick, Nessa!"

"Zion, please..."

He scooted past me and hit the stall button again.

"Nessa, talk to me."

I felt tears start to form in my eyes. After all the times, I knew this would be the thing that would end it. He would never forgive me after this. I felt ambushed and I was panicking. It felt like my last seconds with him, and I was finally getting things right and I know I messed up so bad. I just wanted to do over.

"Nessa."

I couldn't do this right now. I hit the stall button again, and after he gently grabbed my wrist.

"Nessa, what is going on!"

"Zion-"

"Nessa!"

I looked up and saw 3 more floors left.

"Nessa, stop!"

"I-I"

I couldn't lie to him again either.

"Nessa!"

"I kissed Nick!"

His eyes widened and he stopped in his tracks. I heard a loud bang and the elevator stopped. We were stuck. Time had run out. He let go of my wrist and backed up slowly to the other side. I saw his breath grow shallow.