Chapter 20

I parked and walked to my door and walked inside. I saw Kayla still on my couch watching Netflix.

"Kayla, what the hell!"

She sat herself up on the couch.

"What?"

"Why did you tell Myles about Zion?"

"Maybe because he asked.."

"That wasn't your place to tell him."

"Oh, and you were going to?"

"That's not the point."

"Nessa, you weren't going to tell him, and it was better than you stringing him along trying to have the best of both worlds."

"What happens in my life is my business not yours."

"You're actually mad at me for this?"

"Yes! You didn't even give me the chance to talk to Myles before you tried to fix everything."

"I wasn't trying to fix anything. You probably were never going to tell him about Zion unless it was absolutely necessary and you know it. Be mad at me all you want, but I did the right thing."

"It wasn't your call to make."

"I don't even understand how you could be upset. You chose Zion, what the hell did you think was going happen? You thought Myles was just going to happy with that and stick by your side like some kind of puppy?"

"I think you need to leave."

"Are you serious right now? You're throwing me out because you screwed up and finally were held responsible for your actions? Get over yourself, Nessa."

Kayla grabbed her bag and keys and headed for the door. She began to open it and paused.

"You need to grow up. Other people are affected by the shit you pull, and you can't blame them because you chose to do it."

She turned around and closed the door. I went over and sat on the couch. I put my head in my hands and let out a sigh. 

I picked up my phone and called Zion.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"So I talked to Myles."

"Okay.. how'd it go?"

"Not good. Not good at all."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, apparently it's all mine though."

"What do you mean?"

"I talked to Kayla, and we got in a fight because she told Myles where I was, and that's how he knew I "chose" you or whatever."

"You're mad at Kayla for that?"

"It wasn't her place."

"Nessa, you weren't going to talk to him until I suggested it."

"Who's side are you on?"

"There's no sides, Nessa. You messed up. Now you have to own up to it."

"...."

"I think you need to apologize to Kayla, and Myles will come around. He just needs some time."

"When did you start caring about Myles and I's relationship?"

"I don't care about ya'll's relationship. I care about you, and as much as it used to annoy me, you and Myles' friendship made you happy, and I like when you're happy."