Chapter 45

Hi guys! I'm back. I know I'm the absolute worst, and you're literally the best if you stayed around just to have a proper ending. Life just completely got in the way and I kept trying to come back to write but felt so distant from the story, but I'm here, and I'm here to finish. I missed you guys! Enjoy!

I stood there staring at him for a long time. Not like as in it felt like a long time, I know it was a long time. We both just kind of stood there. It was almost like he was worried what my next move would be, and I couldn't blame him. After what I did last night, I wouldn't know what to expect either.

"Nessa."

"I can't do this."

I tried to shut the door but he caught it and stopped me.

"I let you have a whole day to think. You're not gonna keep running from me."

I stared at him and then backed up and walked to the middle of my apartment. I took a deep breath and then crossed my arms and turned around. Nick just looked at me and could feel there nervous tension in the room. He slowly came in and shut the door behind me. We both kind of just stood there looking at each other.

"Well, aren't you going to say something?"

"To be honest, I didn't even expect to get this far. I though you would shut the door in the face and we'd get in another argument and you'd kick me out."

"Well, I didn't so what's your plan B?"

"I don't really know how to have this conversation."

"Well then let's save us both the trouble and not have it."

I turned around and tried to walk back into my room, but he followed me.

"Nessa, you don't have the right to shut me out on this one. Do you understand the shit you pulled last night."

"Yes."

He looked kind of stunned at my response.

"I know I messed up...majorly..."

"So, why'd you do it?"

"I don't know...I-I guess I was lonely...overwhelmed-"

"Drunk."

"Yea...that too. I guess you were there at the right time, but the wrong person to do that with."

I went over to my bed and slumped down into it. I put my face in my head and sighed and then brushed my hair back as I held my neck and stared at the floor. Nick paused and then walked over and sat down next to me. He let out a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling.

"What's going on with you, Ness?"

I felt myself start to choke up. It was a good question...a really good question. A much need question. A really good-much-needed question that I didn't have an answer for.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm not cut out for this famous stuff. Maybe I don't know how to handle it and it came way too fast before I was ready."

"Or?"

"Or maybe I don't know how to do...life without Zion."

He paused for a second. I looked over at him.

"You don't think so?"

"You know what I think?"

"What?"

"I think you don't know how to be you."

"What?"

"You give all these guys in you life too much purpose."