Chapter 30 (Season Finale)

NEXT MORNING

I woke up and looked around the room. I turned over and saw Cade sleeping. I sat up and put my head in my hands. I didn't regret what I did. I just knew I shouldn't haven't have done it. I knew if Z found out it would crush him, but at this point I didn't even care. It's not like I didn't have any feelings for Cade. I just didn't feel for him like I did Z, but for the first time through everything last night was the first time I could forget, and I liked that feeling of not having to...feel anything. I knew it was bad that I was using Cade a distraction, but I needed it more than he knew. I saw him roll over and start to open his eyes. He looked at me and took a deep breath.

"So."

"So..."

"Is this the part where you tell me that this was a mistake and it never should have happened?"

"No, this is the part where you kiss me and I kiss you back."

He gave me a slight smile.

"Nessa."

"Cade."

"We can't do this."

"Cade, I can't think about Zion, and if being around you makes me stop thinking about him then I'm going to do that."

"I'm not gonna be your distraction."

"Cade."

"I told you how I felt. That didn't mean that I was desperate enough to be satisfied with even the tiniest interest you had in me. I'm not gonna be your side piece for you to hook up with so you don't think about your ex."

He sat up and got up and put some shorts on, and walked out to the kitchen. I sat there for a second and then groaned and fell back onto the pillow. I just laid there for a second about what he said, and he was right. I shouldn't use him as a distraction just because of what was going between me and Z but I just needed something to get him out of my head. It's not like I didn't care about Cade and was just using him because he was there, but I knew I would never be able to give him what he wanted by being with him. I laid there for a couple more seconds then I sat up and put one of his t-shirts on and walked out to the kitchen. I saw him making some breakfast and then he turned around and looked at me and went back to cooking.

"Can we talk?"

"I already talked about it, Nessa."

"Cade."

He let out a deep breath and put the food on two plates and set it down at the table and looked up at me.

"Look, I can't be where you want me to be right now. I don't want to think about anything right now. I enjoy being around you so it's not like you're some random dude that I'm using to get over my ex. I just.... I need you right now."

"So what happened to hating me and never wanting to speak to me again?"

"You finished the song."

"What?"

"I realized that despite your feelings you did something for me because you knew how much it meant to me."

He crossed his arms and looked at the ground. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I just don't want to think about anything anymore. I just want to be here in this moment, right now with you."

"With me or Zion?"

I looked at him and didn't really say anything.

"Look, Nessa..."

"I know I can't give you what you want from me right now, but I'm here."