Chapter 42

Hi guys! I know it's been forever since I updated so I thought I would bring back a chapter with a lot of emotion and a twist! Don't worry guys. You know me, every time you think the story is gonna go one way I always take another turn. Yes, I definitely read all your comments and took in consideration all of your thoughts and ideas so don't worry and I hope you guys enjoy! *Also there's no shame in going back to previous chapters and jogging your memory of what happened prior. I know it's been a hot minute lol

I stood there frozen in time. I didn't know what to say. He cleared his throat and awkwardly brushed himself off.

"Uh, you did great out there."

I felt my eyes start to tear up for some unknown reason. I didn't know if it was because he was finally wanting to speak to me and I wasn't pulling for somebody who didn't want to be around me, but whatever feeling it was. It felt good.

"Thank you."

 I looked over at the couch and saw a bouquet of roses that was laying beside the place he sat. He glanced over at them and then nervously looked back up at me. He picked them up and started walking towards me, but then he stopped in the middle of the room.

"Uh.. these are for you."

I grabbed them and he nervously cleared his throat again and started rubbing the back of his neck.

"I wanted- I mean the guys and I... like us...umm collectively wanted to get you something."

I chuckled and looked up at him.

"I love them. Thank you."

"Yea, no problem."

We both stood there awkwardly for a second. I cleared my throat and then walked dover to the vanity and sat the flowers down. I looked down for a second and then I looked up in the mirror and we both saw each other in the reflection. We both paused and then I turned around and he quickly walked over and came over and grabbed my face and kissed me. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer to my body. He dropped his hands and I grabbed his neck while he picked me up and put me on top of the vanity. He gripped my waist and pulled me closer every time we kissed. I let go and he kissed my neck. 

"Zion.."

He moved back up and then grabbed my waist again. He kissed me one more time and then looked at me. 

"I heard you out there."

I looked at him and didn't say anything.

"Zion, I-"

"Why do we always end up doing this?"

I looked down and took a deep breath as I played with the bottom of his shirt.

"Nessa, look at me."

I looked back up at him and sighed.

"It's what we do."

"Well, I don't want this to be what we do anymore. I don't wanna keep breaking up to realize why we want each other."

"I don't either."

He looked down at his shoes and sighed and placed his hands on the side of the vanity on the outsides of my legs.

"I don't ever want anyone besides you. Every time I see you I want you, but we both agreed that we either got it right or it's over."

"I know."

"It's the same cycle every time, and neither of us deserve that."

He looked back up at me.