Chapter 39

We both stood there looking at each other.

"Yo, who's at the door-"

Cade came behind her and held her waist until he saw me standing there.

"Nessa."

I looked at both of them again for a second and just turned around and walked back to the elevator.

"Shit! Nessa wait!"-Cade

I walked to the elevator and frantically started pressing the elevator button until it finally opened. I ignored Cade yelling my name, and then walked into the elevator and kept pressing the button to close the door, but Cade slid into the elevator at the last minute and I just watched the door shut behind him.

"Nessa, please listen to me-"

"It's none of my business. It's none of my business-"

"It's not what you think-"

"Oh, really because it looks like exactly what we did!"

He paused and just stood there.

"I gotta get out of here."

I brushed past him to continue pressing the button.

"Nessa, please."

He turned around and press the stall button and stopped the elevator.

"Cade!"

"Look, I just want to explain."

"Explain what! That you're hooking up with the artist you're working with!"

"It just kind of happened. We were just in the studio one day and hit it off."

"Oh, I get it so this is just what you do with your recording artists."

"No, it's not. I just-"

"Just stop."

I brushed him out of the way and press the stall button again.

"If I would have none that this was a regular thing for you then half of the shit we went through would have never happened!"

"Nessa-"

"I invested so much time into whatever the hell we had when I was just some chick you checked off your list!"

"It's not like that."

"Well that's exactly what it looked like."

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. I brushed past him and walked to my car.

"Nessa."

I unlocked my car, and tried to open the door but he shut it behind me.

"Danni is nothing like you. You can not be upset over something you gave up. I don't even know what the hell you want me to do! You didn't want to be with me, but you don't want me with anyone else. I agreed to be friends because that's what YOU wanted. Well, now I'm doing something for me so you can accept that or you can go back to acting like I don't exist. At this point, do what you want. It's what you're good at."

He looked at me for a second and then walked back to the elevator. I stood there a second and then got in my car. I felt like what happened between me and Cade was once again for nothing. Honestly, I didn't believe what he said either. What if he never felt anything and it was just a joke to him. I mean Danni got Z before. I'm not surprised if she got Cade too. I started my car and drove back to my apartment. I parked and walked inside. I set my keys down and took my shoes off and sat on the couch. I looked through Instagram and Twitter and saw the sun was out so I thought back to what Zara said about growing my social media presence. So I went on the balcony and took some selfish and posted one.