Chapter 23

I walked downstairs trying to follow Zion.

"Zion, wait!"

"Brandon, lets go."

He walked into the living room where all the boys were so I followed him.

"Zion, can you please just wait?"

"Brandon, c'mon."

"Uh..you sure you don't want to finish-"-Brandon

"No, let's go."

"Why are you acting like this?"

"I'm done talking about this, Nessa. You chose what your priority was tonight."

"I didn't choose anything or anybody as my priority, Zion."

"Exactly, that's the problem."

I looked over and saw all the boys staring.

"I'm gonna go uhm.. read."-Edwin

"Yea.. I'll go ..read with him."-Austin

"Can we just talk about this?"

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm going to the studio. Brandon, let's go."

Zion opened the door and walked out. Brandon looked at me and grabbed his phone and walked to the door.

"I'll talk to him."

"Thank you."

He turned around and shut the door. I looked over and Nick was the only one still sitting there.

"What happened?"

I realized I hadn't updated him since I left the house to go to the dance complex so I explained everything that had happened since then.

"First of all, congrats."

"Thank you."

"Second, don't worry about Z he'll be fine. He just needs some time."

"I just didn't think he would be so angry because of this. I mean he just looked at me like he didn't trust me."

"It's not that he doesn't trust you, it's the fact he doesn't trust other people around you."

"Yea, I guess. Maybe I should drive to the studio and try and talk to him again."

"Nah, I think B's got it. Just try talking to him tomorrow."

"Okay... thank you."

"No problem."

Nick and I had started to become really close. He was always there when I needed him, and I could talk to him about anything.

"I'm gonna head out then. Thanks again."

"Don't sweat it."

I grabbed my phone and walked outside. I got in my car and drove back to my apartment. I walked in and sat on my bed, and picked up my phone to text Z.

Me

I'm really sorry. I didn't think you would get so upset, but I apologize for skipping out on our date and I promise I'll make it up to you. I hope your studio session goes well. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you❤️.

I was too tired to stay awake and see if he replied so I went to bed.

NEXT MORNING

I woke up and took a shower. I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast and glanced at my phone and saw a notification from Z from last night.