Chapter 14

*Pretty short chapter, but it's all leading up to the finale.*

*Explicit Language*

My parents just stood there. My dad kept glancing back and forth from Zion and I.

"Uhm... when did you guys get here?"

"We landed about an hour ago. How are you doing, sweetie?"-Mom

My mom walked to the side of the hospital and held my hand. My dad stood behind her. My mom's eyes started to fill with tears.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'm sorry you had to go through this by yourself-"

"Mom, stop. It's okay."

She just looked into my eyes and gave a slight smile.

"Devin, can you go find the doctor so we can speak to him?"

My dad looked at me, and then glanced at Zion.

"Uh.. yeah. I'll go find him."- Dad

My dad walked out of the room, and my mom sat beside me. I heard Kayla groan in the corner and her eyes start to open. She turned and rubbed her eyes, and looked at my mom.

"Mrs. Wilson?"

"Hi, Kayla. How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm.. doing well. Given the circumstances of course."

I gave a slight smile. My mom looked up at Zion.

"Uh.. Mom, this is Zion.."

"So you're the super cute boyfriend my daughter always talks about."

I could see Zion's face grow a little red.

"Mom.."

"I'm just kidding. It's nice to finally meet you Zion. I want to thank you and Kayla for taking care of Nessa while she's been living here. I'm blessed that she has people like you in her life."

"You're welcome, Mrs. Wilson. But we're the ones who are blessed to have Nessa in our lives."

The door opened and Dr. Sanchez and my dad walked back into the room.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Sanchez."

"Cheyenne Wilson. Nice to meet you."

My dad's eyes shot over to Kayla and Zion.

"Uhm.. Zion let's go find some snacks at the vending machines."

"Uh.. yea."

They both walked out and shut the door.

"Well, I spoke to Nessa early about some of the details of her injury. We haven't run any tests yet but by the immediate swelling and her description of a "pop" that she heard when the injury occurred I believe it is a torn ACl. With a knee injury like that a torn meniscus can also be a possible injury that comes along with it, but we have to run tests on her knee to be sure. As I also told your daughter, this injury can be emotionally and physically draining especially in recovery, but this is not a dance-ending injury either. Now, the options are unfortunately limited with this injury. Surgery is highly-recommended especially to avoid future joint problems. Recovery time is about 6-9 months depending on the patient and severity of the injury, but that's the average time to possibly return to the state of pre-injury. Do you guys have any questions?"

"Is there any risks that come with the surgery?"- Mom

"There are always risks that come with any surgery, but the chance of complications during this surgery occur in 2% of patients."