Chapter 22

I grabbed the door handle and walked in.

"Miss Wilson, so glad you could make it. Mrs. Fryer is running a little late so you can have some time to practice your piece before the audition starts."

"Actually Mrs. Ramirez, there isn't going to be an audition."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm not auditioning."

"Miss Wilson-"

"I'm aware of the risks that come up by me not auditioning. That's why I'm here to tell you that I am removing myself from the dance program at AMDA."

"Miss Wilson, I don't understand. I thought you were looking for a second chance. You have stressed how much you have needed to dance-"

"Exactly, I thought I needed dance so that's why I loved it.. when I actually needed to find a reason why I loved it. This entire time I was stressing myself to go back to something when I didn't understand why I was doing it in the first place. Then when I tried to figure why I was doing it, I realized everything in my life depended on it so I thought I needed to depend on it too. I had to keep forcing myself to pick things in my life so dance would always be able to choice-"

I looked at Mrs. Ramirez and took a deep breath.

"Then I realized if I really loved it, it shouldn't feel like a choice.."

I looked down at the floor, and then back up at Mrs. Ramirez.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Ramirez for wasting your time."

Mrs. Ramirez paused and then took a deep breath.

"I respect your decision. I appreciate you letting me know."

I started walking to the door and opened it.

"Miss Wilson."

"Yes?"

"Whatever you choose next, I hope it goes well for you."

"Thank you."

I walked out the door and outside to my car. I got in and let out a deep breath. For once, I felt like the choice I made was right. I picked up my phone and called Zion.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"I dropped out of the dance program."

"What?"

I explained when I talked to Kayla and meeting with Mrs. Ramirez.

"Wow."

"Yea."

"How do you feel?"

"I feel.. like for the first time in my life I made the right choice."

"Geez, you sure this is the only time you made the right choice?"

"Haha, besides you of course. I just feel good about it. It feels like a weight off my shoulders."

"I'm glad. Proud of you, Nessa."

"Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't think my mom is going to have the same reaction when I tell her that I dropped out of my program."

"Yea...well don't think about that right now. How about I take you out tonight."

"That doesn't sound too bad."

"Dress nice, Meet me at Maggiano's at 7."

"Okay."

"Hey, Nessa."

"Yea?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'll see you later."